Realizing this weekend how good we have it in Colorado.

This is a discussion on Realizing this weekend how good we have it in Colorado. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sure, our state faces its own challenges like "high capacity" magazines and private transfer rules, but visiting some family in Nebraska this weekend left me ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By EMTJosh
  • 4 Post By pittypat21
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By Phaedrus
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: Realizing this weekend how good we have it in Colorado.

Realizing this weekend how good we have it in Colorado.

Sure, our state faces its own challenges like "high capacity" magazines and private transfer rules, but visiting some family in Nebraska this weekend left me researching carry laws and realizing that in Colorado I can carry all these places without issue:

Church
    The bank
    Someplace with a liquor license without worrying about where their revenue comes from

In Colorado, I don't have a specific requirement that I cannot carry if I have ANY alcohol in my system.

In Colorado, I don't have a "duty to retreat" law telling me it's my responsibility to give a bad guy whatever he wants and not to hurt him.

So while I may gripe about stupid laws in my home state from time to time, I guess I could have it worse.

The ironic thing is the constitution of the state of Nebraska opens, article 1,section 1,with a reaffirmation that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    pittypat21 and Aceoky like this.

2. Remove Ads

Everybody likes to cite Texas as being a gun friendly state (or the Wild West, depending which side you're on), but here in GA, we got it a lot easier than TX. OC, no-gun signs (specific wording or not) have no force of law, law only says can't carry while legally intoxicated, only places that are off limits are those specifically outlined in the law, no training requirement before being allowed to carry, carry license is for "weapons" which according to law includes blades longer than 5".
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Yup, you're right. Nebraska is decent for gun rights but we're no Arizona or Alaska, but at least we're not Jersey.

Don't forget that we also have no uniform signage. A business owner could have their kid scribble something in crayon and it would be legally binding.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Every state, regardless of how "gun friendly" they are, has laws that make no sense. Many are there because it was needed to get carry laws in place to start with.
    cgrisamore likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Everybody likes to cite Texas as being a gun friendly state (or the Wild West, depending which side you're on), but here in GA, we got it a lot easier than TX. OC, no-gun signs (specific wording or not) have no force of law, law only says can't carry while legally intoxicated, only places that are off limits are those specifically outlined in the law, no training requirement before being allowed to carry, carry license is for "weapons" which according to law includes blades longer than 5".
    And in FL you can, but I wouldn't suggest doing so for a multitude of reasons.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Any regulation is infringement. But that being said, Ky is awfully good on guns. Constitutionally protected OC, no permits to own, signs when you see them have no force of law. Actually unless you went into a Federal building of some sort or a school besides a University there really isnt anyplace where carrying a gun is a criminal offence.

You just cant stay there if asked to leave.

Castle and stand your ground. By law citizens cannot be disarmed by anyone during natural disasters etc.

could be better but it could be a lot worse. Im guessing we are probably the 4th or 5th most gun friendly state in the nation.
    Aceoky likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I suspect that the most traditionaly pro-gun states are the ones most targeted by the anti's. Plenty of liberals in Texas and Colorado these days, an plenty of liberal money coming in.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Trouble is, our unusually good CCW law in Colorado was passed back when the state was red. Now, it's blue, and the majority here now will be trying as hard as they can to gut our good laws. Colorado not only turned from red to blue ... it is now one of only three states that recently passed severe restrictions on gun rights ... it's now one of the bluest states!

We have it pretty good in SD, too.
    sdprof likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EMTJosh View Post
    Sure, our state faces its own challenges like "high capacity" magazines and private transfer rules, but visiting some family in Nebraska this weekend left me researching carry laws and realizing that in Colorado I can carry all these places without issue:

Church
    The bank
    Someplace with a liquor license without worrying about where their revenue comes from

In Colorado, I don't have a specific requirement that I cannot carry if I have ANY alcohol in my system.

In Colorado, I don't have a "duty to retreat" law telling me it's my responsibility to give a bad guy whatever he wants and not to hurt him.

So while I may gripe about stupid laws in my home state from time to time, I guess I could have it worse.

The ironic thing is the constitution of the state of Nebraska opens, article 1,section 1,with a reaffirmation that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

^^^^^ I know if I were you, I'd shut my pie hole^^^^^^^,

before Feinstein, Schumer Bloomberg and all your liberal state officials get wind of "how good you got it"

Same here.
    Everyone thinks the grass is greener somewhere else, when sometimes you got it good right here at home.
    Less of course you live in Ill. Ma. Ny. or the like.
    maniacmechanic likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by EMTJosh View Post

Church
    The bank

But you know, nobody would like living here. Brutal, miserable sunless winters, cloudy mosquito-infested summers, pollution, no jobs, ugly girls, high taxes, stupid men.........you know, everything you don't want to have where you live.

Nobody wants to move here. Too many darn liberals and the like too.

Links