Submitted... - Page 2

Submitted...

This is a discussion on Submitted... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Welcome to the forum. Here in Florida the electronic fingerprinting cut the wait time from 90 to 10 days. Good Luck!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Submitted...

Welcome to the forum. Here in Florida the electronic fingerprinting cut the wait time from 90 to 10 days. Good Luck!
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Virginia has a law stating that they have 45 days to either approve or deny, so I'll let you know my experience once I submit in a week or two.
    By law Virginia also has to issue you a temporary 90 day permit if the wait exceeds 45 days, that's awesome
    Springfield EMP
    XD 40 SC
    Para Slim Hawg
    Rossi .38
    AK-47 Bulgarian SSR 85C 2
    AK-47 Hungarian AMD 63

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear his pants.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by aepilotjim View Post
    I finally got down to the Sheriff's office today. After the blizzard, the job and just about everything else getting in the way of doing it. Turned in my CHP application, now the wait starts. Apparently, Oklahoma has gone to digital finger printing machines. I wonder if this will speed things up any. When I took the class, the instructor said it would be around 90 days. When I submitted my app, the ladies behind the counter said it would be 12 weeks. My first thought was WHOA!!!! it was only supposed to be 90 days..... DUH , 90 days is 12 weeks. It was early, and I'm just comming of the road. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Its funny it took me so long to work up the will to just drive down to the courthouse to summit my paper work for my permit about 2 years. After you do it though you want it you want it you want it. GIVE ME MY PERMIT is what i was saying in my head over and over.

On another topic. Why don't you apply for a New Hampshire permit. It takes 2 weeks. And according to www.Packing.org your state recognizes it.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Some states' bureaucracy is more, or less, hot for the idea that the citizens can carry guns, I think. If you live in a state that only grudgingly passed CCW, you can probably expect them to maximize your wait.
    There's also the matter of how busy the state's CCW bureaucracy is. Here in Utah the attitude towards CCW is hardly "grudging", but since everybody and his brother is applying for a Utah permit, it takes forever.

Day 2......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links