"Maybe we should have armed citizens around the world," says... Interpol?

This is a discussion on "Maybe we should have armed citizens around the world," says... Interpol? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Exclusive: After Westgate, Interpol Chief Ponders 'Armed Citizenry' - ABC News Mind. Blown. Ronald Noble, Secretary General for Interpol, said to ABC that the Westgate ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: "Maybe we should have armed citizens around the world," says... Interpol?

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar

Exclusive: After Westgate, Interpol Chief Ponders 'Armed Citizenry' - ABC News

Mind. Blown.

Ronald Noble, Secretary General for Interpol, said to ABC that the Westgate Mall shooting in Kenya should spark a discussion about terrorism response. He said there are only two ways to prevent mass shooting attacks- either harden all the targets or allow people to carry guns to defend themselves.
    Hakkaa päälle!

2. Remove Ads

he'll disappear soon.not the message that is popular with most in power.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

Excellent! One Interpol Secretary General possibly more Brilliant and understanding than all of Home Land Security.

i
    gatorbait51 and pilot101 like this.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKnEA...C4C7BEE0A02E48

Bottom line, He is right.
    ccw9mm, Crashbox, Aceoky and 1 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member
    I'm with you - that's pretty suprising to hear ANY government official speak that kind of common sense.
    Crashbox and gatorbait51 like this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    It's a nice article, but I'd be more impressed if it were a European official that said it. Guy's a former US Treasury (head) Cop.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

He said there are only two ways to prevent mass shooting attacks- either harden all the targets or allow people to carry guns to defend themselves.
    Well he can just continue with that silly way of thinking. Meanwhile, many here will continue posting bigger gunbuster signs, making more laws and forming groups like, MAIG (true definition - Mayors Against All Guns actually) and attempt to teach our children in schools that guns shouldn't and don't exist. Now, I'm going to go ahead and stop there as I feel that if I continue, I may say something sarcastic.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Interesting read and he is of course correct but his idea is unlikely to go any further given the world wide liberal state.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

I read that. That should be taken as a positive message by a person of World Influence.

We need to give him more support and credit, despite what 12% of Legal U.S. Citizens & 95% of our media wish were true.

How much more Proof could we possibly need that, "Gun-Control Kills"?
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and RicT like this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    It's a nice article, but I'd be more impressed if it were a European official that said it. Guy's a former US Treasury (head) Cop.
    True, but I gave up on chasing that white whale a long time ago. A former fed saying it is crazy enough.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Well he can just continue with that silly way of thinking. Meanwhile, many here will continue posting bigger gunbuster signs, making more laws and forming groups like, MAIG (true definition - Mayors Against All Guns actually) and attempt to teach our children in schools that guns shouldn't and don't exist. Now, I'm going to go ahead and stop there as I feel that if I continue, I may say something sarcastic.
    PLEASE don't stop!
    Part of the problem today is that too many people keep their opinions to themselves and in that do not influence friends and relatives in the positive way that just may turn public opinion.
    Never assume that your opinion is not worthy!
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Whoa, man, that just makes too much damn sense. Unfortunately, since the countries that do allow self defense and an armed populace are trying to strip their citizens of such a right and those countries who don't aren't in any hurry to arm their subjects, traction will not be gained.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

As someone who travels internationally quite a bit I can honestly say its a common mindset. I have worked in Hungary, the Netherlands, UK and chile to name a few.

I have found a few things to be common.

1 the only US news channel they get is CNN.
    2 the general consensus is that the US is non stop gun fights. Like running from your car to the stores to avoid criminals and gunfire.
    3 everyone carries a gun.
    4 most have 0 firearm experience.

Now of course quite a few do not have this view as they have been here but everywhere I go someone in the office has this type of view of the US. Similar to how we view places like the Middle East. There are plenty of areas where normal life exists but we don't hear about it. We only hear about the drama.

It's always fun when they come here. The short list of things they want to do usually includes a range trip. I am always up for that.

Of course I do re-enforce one of the stereotypes, as I pull the sig out of my IWB. ;)

Remember most of these countries were effected by ww2 and the disarming of citizens that preceded it. You get a similar mix of mindsets just like here. It's just much more lopsided as very few are familiar with firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and Alex_C like this.
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

Interpol chief: Maybe we should let civilians arm themselves

Interpol chief: Maybe we should let civilians arm themselves after Westgate terror attack

Interpol Secretary General Ronald Noble said today the U.S. and the rest of the democratic world is at a security crossroads in the wake of last month’s deadly al-Shabab attack at a shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya – and suggested an answer could be in arming civilians.

In an exclusive interview with ABC News, Noble said there are really only two choices for protecting open societies from attacks like the one on Westgate mall where so-called “soft targets” are hit: either create secure perimeters around the locations or allow civilians to carry their own guns to protect themselves.

“Societies have to think about how they’re going to approach the problem,” Noble said. “One is to say we want an armed citizenry; you can see the reason for that. Another is to say the enclaves are so secure that in order to get into the soft target you’re going to have to pass through extraordinary security.”

About time someone thought of this...
    sensei2, mook012, Fitch and 4 others like this.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

kansaa has this, right now
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links