Uh oh...I messed up

This is a discussion on Uh oh...I messed up within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agreed to going on a cruise and didn't stop to consider the "no carry" implications. So now I'm going to be stuck on a ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Uh oh...I messed up

Uh oh...I messed up

I agreed to going on a cruise and didn't stop to consider the "no carry" implications. So now I'm going to be stuck on a boat for 5 days and also be going to a foreign port and will not have a firearm the entire time. Oh well, too late now. Guess I'll have to hone up on my mad ninja skills (lol).

Only problem is, I'll feel so naked...and it isn't even one of those kind of cruises.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Never get out of the boat. Unless you were going all the way. Kurtz got off the boat...
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I was thinking about what to do with the family for a vacation the other day and thought a cruise would be fun but then realized that I would be in that same position. so needless to say we wont be going on a cruise anytime soon.

but have fun and try not to stress too much, im sure you can take a good knife, lol.
    Aceoky likes this.

Quick! Learn the Jedi Mind Trick!

[waves hand in front of ne'er-do-well's face]

"We are not the tourists you're looking for"
    4my son likes this.

Yep... I hate that feeling of being unable to defend myself or my friends/family if the need arises.
    BenGoodLuck and 10thmtn like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    From the famous last words file............

Relax Captain Phillips, what can possibly go wrong?
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

IF I really wanted to go on a cruise I would (though I rarely go anywhere I cannot go armed) , oddly I don't see the desire of late , just enjoy the cruise, and watch your six
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Enjoy the cruise, BugDude!

I spent the first 40 years of my life not worrying about those things and just enjoying myself. There was only once I sorta wished I was armed in all that time, and it worked out okay that time. I would just have a good time and not stress about it if I were you.

Yes, you are gambling on shorter odds than staying here in the US and going to "safe" places unarmed, but the odds are still pretty far in your favor for making it through unscathed. Just don't drink too much in the foreign ports of call, stay out of dark alleys, and try to make yourself a less attractive target than the hundreds or thousands of other tourists there at the same time.
    msgt/ret, Secret Spuk and Aceoky like this.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Any training with a knife?

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Carry a spear. This guy is awesome!

I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I agreed to going on a cruise and didn't stop to consider the "no carry" implications. So now I'm going to be stuck on a boat for 5 days and also be going to a foreign port and will not have a firearm the entire time. Oh well, too late now. Guess I'll have to hone up on my mad ninja skills (lol).

Only problem is, I'll feel so naked...and it isn't even one of those kind of cruises.
    Me as well Nov 9th I didnt consider it either. Which ship?
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Lansky plastic knife

Cold Steel cane: Aluminum Head City Stick - Cold Steel Knives

And here's an original, excellent thread on the subject......

Product Review: Cold Steel Cane
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

No weapons of any kind. You go through a similar screening and metal detectors as flying. I guess I'll be training with a plastic spork. Oh well. I'm a goodly sized fella and I've been in my fair share of hand throwing situations well before I started carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Cold Steel cane: Aluminum Head City Stick - Cold Steel Knives

And here's an original, excellent thread on the subject......

Product Review: Cold Steel Cane
    I thought about this, especially considering I just had surgery on my left leg. I'm sure I could get my Doctor to prescribe it for me as a medical assist device if I needed some type of documentation to support the medical need.
    Aceoky, pgrass101 and RemMod597 like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links