Help finding a good pro 2 Attorney

This is a discussion on Help finding a good pro 2 Attorney within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't need one at the moment. I have been looking at what to do after an incident it seems like a good idea to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By 357and40

Thread: Help finding a good pro 2 Attorney

I don't need one at the moment. I have been looking at what to do after an incident it seems like a good idea to find an attorney BEFORE you need one. I had the name form an old state sportsman paper but lost it before I acted. Where are a few good places to start looking? Any way to find one that is pro carry/2nd and with SD experience? Just need a few places to start.
    Thanks
    Mark

Google-fu and check out reviews. The NRA and other like minded organizations may have a list for each state. I haven't personally looked into it though since I've had one for a while now.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I think youd be better served finding a good criminal defense attorney. You dont really need advising on 2nd amendment issues, you want protection, after the fact from a (hopefully) wrongful prosecution, or over zealous prosecuter.

One problem you will most likely run into is that there is not much of a way for any attorney to make a living being "a 2nd amendment" attorney. Which means there are actually almost none out there.

Which brings us back to what you really want and need; A good criminal defense attorney.

VIP Member
    Check your states grass roots organization for a list of attorneys. They should be able to point you in the right direction.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Talk to local respected instructors... They likely need to have one on retainer or at least have a relationship of some sort with one...
    StormRhydr likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    I have a financial attorney work on a trust fund for my son . I ask him if he knew of a good attorney that handled 2A and crimminal stuff . Once i met with him i ask questions on my permit from Maryland and he gave me cell numbers if i ever get in a jamb .

I would make sure they are willing to give you cell numbers and good contacts if you need them also i have typed in the numbers on back of the business card and laminated them .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Check out the Shooter's Bar. NRA can also refer you to one or more local pro-2A attorneys.

Armed Citizen Legal Network has a list of 2A attorneys on their web site. Good people I'm a member.

Anyone looking for one in Indiana look up Law Offices of Guy Relford in the Carmel area. His entire practice focuses on gun issues.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    For some reason I can't edit my post. Others here have also suggested in the past that you contact local law enforcement agencies and ask them who they call for legal representation when a shooting occurs.

Sponsored Links