Lets learn knife fighting....

This is a discussion on Lets learn knife fighting.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Or... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7pUOPrTXGc Maybe the police will help you... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTgnj_jWHpk Some say, "600 years ago men knew how to defend against a knife attack...." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Mc9IxpYRM It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Lets learn knife fighting....

Or...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7pUOPrTXGc

Maybe the police will help you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTgnj_jWHpk

Some say, "600 years ago men knew how to defend against a knife attack...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Mc9IxpYRM

It might really look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abv4oZPAcGA

Maybe they don't like the way you look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52rEPWh9Sgg

Or maybe they've got one thing on their "to do list"

1: STAB
    2: STAB
    3: STAB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-FSZSxzlso

Just something to think about...

I know, we wouldn't put ourselves in such situations. We have superior SA, and all that... But then, I know a guy who had his SA up, and heard the car approaching at 2:30 am, and had enough time to draw his own pocket knife in hopes of self defense... and, to give him some credit, he never let go of his knife.... but he was stabbed twice, kicked, beaten, and left for dead. If he'd had a gun, say in his jacket pocket, he might have shot first and ended it... but of course, there were 3 attackers... so he might just have stopped one threat, and ended up dead... He survived. He now has a permit to carry... But he can't.. .because we don't have a "parking lot law" like some states do...
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Seeing as knives are one of man's oldest weapons and still effectively used, I imagine they will be around for a while. I'll take a pass on anything involving knives.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    He survived. He now has a permit to carry... But he can't.. .because we don't have a "parking lot law" like some states do...
    Not sure what you mean by parking lot law? My understanding of Iowa law is there are very specific places such as the state fair ground, court houses and ect. spelled out in the law where you cannot carry, other than that you good to go. Private businesses can ask you to leave if they see your weapon but that is why you conceal.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Not sure what you mean by parking lot law? My understanding of Iowa law is there are very specific places such as the state fair ground, court houses and ect. spelled out in the law where you cannot carry, other than that you good to go. Private businesses can ask you to leave if they see your weapon but that is why you conceal.
    Can an employer prevent you from having a gun on their parking lot? If so, that eliminates ones ability to carry to and from work leaving the gun in the car while at work. Not certain of laws there.

But here, other than specific employers, they can't prevent an employee from leaving a gun in the car while on the "premises" of the workplace.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

You are correct sir. -Iowan with permit- Their is a list of specifically designated places you cannot carry concealed (and it is not a lot of places actually), other than that you are good to go, and even if a place posts with gun buster signs you may choose to disregard that, but you can be trespassed if you refuse to leave after being verbally informed to by management of said posted property.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Can an employer prevent you from having a gun on their parking lot? If so, that eliminates ones ability to carry to and from work leaving the gun in the car while at work. Not certain of laws there.

But here, other than specific employers, they can't prevent an employee from leaving a gun in the car while on the "premises" of the workplace.
    They can ask you not too (mine does and I am in Iowa) but it is not a crime if you do. They could just fire you if they found out. Note: unless you ran your mouth they would NEVER have the ability to find this out though.
    pipedream likes this.

Man with knife: "Give me all your money, or Ill gut you like a pig"

Me: BANG.... "gee looks like THATS gonna leave a mark"
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

Having a gun in his car wouldn't have helped the guy since he got stabbed as he walked out the back door. What might have helped though would be to walk around without a cell plastered to his head; guy had his head in the clouds.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

DBS
    I carry a knife as a backup to my CCW piece, but I if I am ever in a knife-fight things will have gone just about as wrong as they possibly can.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Having a knife doesn't mean you know how to use one in self defense.

That's a skill set that very few acquire these days.

The only time I want to use a knife is if it is attched to the barrel of my AR!!!
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

I also carry a knife as my regular ccw package but also am a bit leery as I have no training with it really. I also have a little can of pepper spray so hope if things ever get that sideways that both my primary and bug are out of the equation I can maybe get a blast of pepper spray on them and then be able to get away or at lest give me the advantage with the knife worst case scenario.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    If one is to be in a knife fight it's best to be the first to start poking and don't stop until he's down. This is a case where a defense is a good offense. With sewing machine attack it;s hard to keep from getting cut and/or stabbed.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    If one is to be in a knife fight it's best to be the first to start poking and don't stop until he's down. This is a case where a defense is a good offense. With sewing machine attack it;s hard to keep from getting cut and/or stabbed.
    Winner winner, chicken dinner! Well, almost..

This thread wasn't about learning to knife fight.... It is to show you how useless it can be to learn to fight against a knife... You see a knife, the intent is there.... If you can't have any hope of drawing against the drop... Tueller drill +++ you better have another way to stop a knife attack... not to DEFEND against the knife... to stop a knife attack...

Who wants to learn to wrestle with knives? Not me... I want to know how to stop him... if I can't get to my gun, because he's too close, I better know how to stop him... not his knife...

the last video shows how bogus it is to try a "Knife defense"... especially if the attacker is a sewing machine. the BG's to do list is: "STAB STAB STAB," a knife defense is: "If he does this, I do that, then I counter with... if he gets away, I do that... and maybe it works" And all he thinks is "STAB STAB STAB...."

Good luck with knife defense...

This might work....

But, if it ain't a sword, and he starts rushing you? Or if he gets in close with a knife and you are unaware of him until it's too late? What then? While you are fending off the "sewing machine" with all your defensive wounds, you gonna draw a gun? Really..? drop that hand, go for your gun, get gut stabbed...
    fredg53 and Bad Bob like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    In some states, you can have your firearm locked in a vehicle even if the place is a gun free zone, with no penalty, even in some states where any gun sign carries the force of law... criminal trespass felony.

In most, such as Iowa, with no such law, it can be simple trespass... and in some of those states, if your employer has a no weapons policy, even in the parking lot, you can be fired.

Or, it can be a combination of both... they can have a no guns sign carries the force of law, but parking lot is okay... but you can still be fired.

Some folks need their jobs, and do not feel it is worth the risk to carry on premises.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

First he was in condition white. Cell Phones call can always wait.
    StormRhydr likes this.

The attacker uses a knife I wouldnt think of as the kind that most thugs would carry. It appeared to be more of a full blown military style dagger. More a combat blade, than anything else.

Id lay odds that the victim knows whoever sent the attacker, and why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links