Facebook hostile to anything pro-safety, pro-2nd Amendment or, Pro-gun

Facebook hostile to anything pro-safety, pro-2nd Amendment or, Pro-gun

This is a discussion on Facebook hostile to anything pro-safety, pro-2nd Amendment or, Pro-gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have you every seen this comment from facebook after you tried to boost an Ad? "Your Post wasn't promoted because it violates Facebook's ad guidelines ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Facebook hostile to anything pro-safety, pro-2nd Amendment or, Pro-gun

  1. #1
    Member Array chrisdxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    195

    Facebook hostile to anything pro-safety, pro-2nd Amendment or, Pro-gun

    Have you every seen this comment from facebook after you tried to boost an Ad?

    "Your Post wasn't promoted because it violates Facebook's ad guidelines by advertising
    the sale of ammunition, firearms, knives, daggers, swords, bows or other weapons. The
    post remains published, but it is not running as an ad."


    This was the Ad we tried to pay to BOOST..
    facebook ad not taken 2.JPG

    This video is a collection of interviews with the Police and he asks them what to
    do if someone tries to break into his home? The police admit they will get there
    but for about 2 minutes they keep admitting "You are on your own"

    This video and several others can be seen at No Guns?

    Did you see anything that was trying to sell any type of Firearms?
    gatorbait51 likes this.


  2. #2
    Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    SMSB
    Posts
    1,883
    That's because Farcebook is owned and ran by a bleeding heart pinko Commie Liberal. A gathering pasture for all the sheep.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

    I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

  3. #3
    Member Array sliderbk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Great Lakes Region
    Posts
    160
    Um, it is Facebook. Anything that doesn't promote the reflexive anti gun narrative is going to be censored. Facts and police common sense are irrelevant and do not exist.

    Next time, claim the post is part of a jihad and you're Muslim. Extra priority if you include a beheading video. You'll get posted immediately this way.
    Kahr CW380, Kahr P9, Walther P99AS


  4. #4
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    15,133
    I don't know if that's true.

    I've got a page devoted specifically to firearms. Check it out.Punch in "Bailey Signature Firearms" and see what comes up. My stuff certainly isn't "politically correct".
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baile...39291089444711
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    Sorry but it was most likely due to the FACT that facebook ads is just messed up. It doesn't have to do with guns. There are MANY pro-gun Facebook pages that do very well. Just look at the Military Arms Channel.

  6. #6
    VIP Member
    Array RoadRunner71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,474
    Is there any sort of appeal process you can go through?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

  7. #7
    Member Array chrisdxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I don't know if that's true.

    I've got a page devoted specifically to firearms. Check it out.Punch in "Bailey Signature Firearms" and see what comes up. My stuff certainly isn't "politically correct".
    I think you are either blessed or lucky. This is my 5th or 6th BOOST to be rejected. You can POST what you want but when you try and pay to BOOST the Ad they
    reject them. Their comment even says the posting can stay they just refuse to allow that Ad to be Boosted.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Is there any sort of appeal process you can go through?
    We had the same problem when we first started. It most likely doesn't have anything to do with the content. It took us about 3 weeks before they finally sorted it out. Had to do with a flag that was set that had to do with country codes.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

  9. #9
    Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,519
    FB has the sheep pretty much where they want them (i.e)

    Posting your bowel movements every so often or telling your friends how your day is going.
    It's a well planned attack on many; mostly the youth in our nation.

    Tweeting, FB'ing, burying one's face into their iPhones, texting etc...

    ANYTHING other than what IS important...

    These distractions will go well for them until they hear that sound of their back door being kicked in as they are hauled off to who knows where, or when the
    lights go out taking cell towers with them..OMG!..No more texting? How will they live thru no FB, texting and tweeting?

    Paranoid? Time will tell.
    gatorbait51, wmhawth and msgt/ret like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

    Do what you can; then do what you must

  10. #10
    Member Array chrisdxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Is there any sort of appeal process you can go through?
    Here is the email they send back. Note that they included this line "If you’ve read the guidelines in
    the Help Center and think your ad follows the rules and should have been approved, please let us know."

    The Let us Know looks to be a link so you can appeal the decision... it is an empty link. The email is sent
    from a do not reply email address. They do not want you to appeal.

    rejection email from facebook.JPG
    gatorbait51 likes this.

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array Aceoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    That's because Farcebook is owned and ran by a bleeding heart pinko Commie Liberal. A gathering pasture for all the sheep.
    AND the criminals watching for posting that they will be out of town for an extended time frame
    gatorbait51 and Wunderneun like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,712
    I haven't had one single problem with this type of thing. I've been hacked & spammed a couple of times. But, FB seems to take this kind of stuff seriously.

    I'm also a member of several conservative AND firearm groups on FB. So, far "legally" buying, selling or trading firearms & ammo on FB seems to be no trouble at all. I've also seen a LOT of great firearm & ammo deals on FB and would recommend anyone looking for a deal to look on FB. (Much, MUCH better than Craigslist & other sites!)

    -
    HotGuns and gatorbait51 like this.

  13. #13
    VIP Member Array BenGoodLuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,542
    I disagree - check out https://www.facebook.com/pages/If-Gu...22035364492054. This is one of my favorite pages and I receive updates daily.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Ben

    Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)


  14. #14
    Member Array chrisdxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I disagree - check out https://www.facebook.com/pages/If-Gu...22035364492054. This is one of my favorite pages and I receive updates daily.
    There is a huge difference between having a pro-gun page and being able to advertise on facebook. My page is pro-gun and every time I try to promote an article
    it gets killed. They will allow us to have our own pages but not advertise. These are two separate topics. All of my posts are pro-gun as well. This is their way
    of keeping our reach limited. The page you listed does not PAY to promote their articles. This is designed to slow down our growth.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

  15. #15
    Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdxn View Post
    Have you every seen this comment from facebook after you tried to boost an Ad?

    "Your Post wasn't promoted because it violates Facebook's ad guidelines by advertising
    the sale of ammunition, firearms, knives, daggers, swords, bows or other weapons. The
    post remains published, but it is not running as an ad."


    This was the Ad we tried to pay to BOOST..
    facebook ad not taken 2.JPG

    This video is a collection of interviews with the Police and he asks them what to
    do if someone tries to break into his home? The police admit they will get there
    but for about 2 minutes they keep admitting "You are on your own"

    This video and several others can be seen at No Guns?

    Did you see anything that was trying to sell any type of Firearms?
    That's nothing. The administrators for FB quite often randomly remove posts, and take down entire sites that are pro-2A, just out of spite, for no reason pertaining to their policies, and if you question them about it, they either ignore you, or ban the entire page moderator staff for your own page. They are spiteful littlle so-and-sos, and the remainder of my thoughts about FB and it's policies are not fit for this site.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •