This is getting aggrevating!

This is a discussion on This is getting aggrevating! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, Cali requires Employee verification as part of your back ground check for CCW. And anyone who has ever dealt with military mail knows its ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By wmhawth
  • 2 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By HotGuns

Thread: This is getting aggrevating!

So, Cali requires Employee verification as part of your back ground check for CCW. And anyone who has ever dealt with military mail knows its a pain in the rear!
    Well for 2 months my background check has been passed and I've just been waiting on employee verification. Today they will be mailing out their THIRD attempt to get it to my Commanding Officer and get it returned!!! THIRD attempt! Oh man. And it HAS to be mailed. Can't be scanned and emailed...

At least I know everything else is done...

frustrating.i could not stand the 4 weeks it took to get my CHP. could not imagine 2 mos and counting.
    hang in there.
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

VIP Member
    Is the problem the mail or is it your C.O.? Just because he's military doesn't mean he's 2A friendly.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

So, Cali requires Employee verification as part of your back ground check for CCW. And anyone who has ever dealt with military mail knows its a pain in the rear!
    Huhh??? Wouldn't a valid military ID suffice?
    atctimmy and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Is the problem the mail or is it your C.O.? Just because he's military doesn't mean he's 2A friendly.
    My CO is going to sign off on it. Very 2A friendly. The issue is mail. We dont have street addresses, just building numbers and command names. Because of that you have to address to specific personnel and the Sherriffs dept has messed it up twice with the wrong address. Hopefully 3rd time is the charm. Hoping to have it by end of Nov cause I would still have to do a sheriffs class and then range time.

Wow, all that for a right that shall not be infringed!! God help you if you actually had to prove you needed a firearm and the constitution was not there to say you have a god given right to have a firearm..

Fingers crossed that it all works out for you.

Gary

So, Cali requires Employee verification as part of your back ground check for CCW.
    Good grief!!! Does that mean you must be gainfully employed in order to pass a background check for a CCW in "The Golden State"?? Does the AARP know about this??

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Good grief!!! Does that mean you must be gainfully employed in order to pass a background check for a CCW in "The Golden State"?? Does the AARP know about this??
    I think the AARP is anti 2nd amendment..............
    msgt/ret and Hoganbeg like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    My CO is going to sign off on it. Very 2A friendly. The issue is mail. We dont have street addresses, just building numbers and command names. Because of that you have to address to specific personnel and the Sherriffs dept has messed it up twice with the wrong address. Hopefully 3rd time is the charm. Hoping to have it by end of Nov cause I would still have to do a sheriffs class and then range time.
    I would suggest you have the Commanders secretary address an envelope for you then hand deliver it to the Sheriff’s office for them to mail the form in.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    I think the AARP is anti 2nd amendment..............
    I suppose it is. I was making a point and being sarcastic. I have been retired for 5 years. No employee verification to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I would suggest you have the Commanders secretary address an envelope for you then hand deliver it to the Sheriff’s office for them to mail the form in.
    Yea except the Sheriffs dept is 2 1/2 hrs away lol
    I've been assured it would be here tomoro at which point I will make copies and have it promptly mailed back along with taking a day of leave to go to the sheriffs office in person on wednesday

Senior Moderator
    Those anti-American politicians in California have it figured out.

They don't have to ban anything or enact more gun control.

They can just make the process so difficult that none one wants to mess with it. The over all effect is much the same.
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links