Another Naval Base shooting

This is a discussion on Another Naval Base shooting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got a snippet of it on FOX. As if our world is not crazy enough....

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By archer51

Thread: Another Naval Base shooting

Another Naval Base shooting

Just got a snippet of it on FOX. As if our world is not crazy enough.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    From what I have seen, base locked down after a shooting at a recruiting center NEARBY.

2 shot at Millington Navy Base, shooter in custody - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Of course every news outlet is going to headline that it took place at the base. It did not.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I'm not finding any breaking news to that effect on Fox or anywhere else...

Two US sailors were taken by Nigerian pirates... Is that what you're thinking?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    2 shot at Millington Navy Base, shooter in custody
    Posted: Oct 24, 2013 2:02 PM EST Updated: Oct 24, 2013 2:18 PM EST
    By WMCTV.com Staff - email

MILLINGTON, TN -

(WMC-TV) - It is confirmed that at least two people have been shot near the Millington Navy Base. Both victims are reported to be in non-critical condition.

The base is currently on lock down, but the shooter is in custody.

Photos sent in to Action News 5 show crime scene tape and several medics on the scene.

The U.S. Navy put out the following tweet to its Twitter account:

#BREAKING: #USNavy can confirm incident near Naval Support Activity Midsouth in #Millington. Details to follow.

Action News 5 has crews on its way. Stay with WMCTV.COM for the very latest information.
    Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
    Press looking for sensational headlines. Shooting did not happen at the base.
    BenGoodLuck and Aceoky like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I'm not finding any breaking news to that effect on Fox or anywhere else...

Two US sailors were taken by Nigerian pirates... Is that what you're thinking?
    I did not hear of this. Now they are saying it is at a support facility. Sounds like he was in facility left went to car came back with gun started shooting. Good news is they are reporting injuries to victims are not life threatening

Just heard on CNN that shooter was a National Guardsman who quarreled with and then shot two other National Guardsmen. At this time shooter in custody those shot have non life threatening wounds.

VIP Member
    Here's what I found on Fox: Tennessee naval base on lockdown after shooting near base | Fox News

Seems that anything near a base counts as on the base. Wonder how they'd report a horseshoe contest!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Links