TopGolf posts 30.06 signs in Texas locations prohibiting concealed carry

This is a discussion on TopGolf posts 30.06 signs in Texas locations prohibiting concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently attended a company event at their Allen location and I enjoyed the golf experience very much. However, I was surprised and angered to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: TopGolf posts 30.06 signs in Texas locations prohibiting concealed carry

I recently attended a company event at their Allen location and I enjoyed the golf experience very much. However, I was surprised and angered to see that they have posted 30.06 signs banning concealed handguns on their premises.

I wrote the following to their corporate office via their online submission form:

While you have the legal right to post the signs, I fail to see how you think this policy will prevent gun violence or keep your patrons safe. In reality, the only people who will abide by your signs are law-abiding citizens who have received a gun permit from the State of Texas. Criminals will not be stopped by those signs. So you are actually endangering your patrons by making your location a 'gun-free' zone in which law-abiding citizens cannot legally defend themselves.

Concealed permit holders are responsible, law-abiding citizens. Your other patrons won't even know that they are carrying weapons. I urge you to reconsider your policy and remove the signs. I plan to tell my friends and family about your policy and urge them to not patronize you until you do remove the signs.

Sincerely,

Ben...
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It's golf. Get over it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

If i had a business i would use those signs too. Love it. Gets your point across, looks processional, and has a little humor. win, win, win

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4
    StormRhydr likes this.

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to quit golf.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Senior Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Can't believe this. Wonder if they'll give me a refund for the membership fee?

The one in Dallas is in such a bad area that they have had issues with security in the parking lot and have security guards now patrolling at night.

And now I can't protect myself on their property?
    BenGoodLuck and rcsoftexas like this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Im actually really glad to get your feedback on that particular sign. What you described is what I was going for, but yah never know if others see it the same way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishwiz4 View Post
    If i had a business i would use those signs too. Love it. Gets your point across, looks processional, and has a little humor. win, win, win

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

If I golfed. I'd pass spending my money there.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's golf. Get over it.
    I don't even golf! I just don't like being told that I can't carry somewhere.

I'm very grateful than I shoot much straighter than I hit a golf ball.

And this is why you should always carry when golfing:

very-funny-pics-golf.jpg
    gasmitty likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    ROFL. That's awesome.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

The Austin Top Golf is also posted. That's a very big, very crowed place with an enormous parking lot and they've posted that EVERYBODY is unarmed! That makes it too dangerous for my taste. Ironically I doubt I would have ever carried there, its more of a bar and I'd would've had a few beers while enjoying their range.

I received an initial reply from them:

Mr. -,

Thanks for taking the time to e-mail us about your recent experiences as our guest at TopGolf Allen . Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and we hate that we disappointed you on your last visit.

Please know that your comments have been shared with TopGolf Allen leadership team for review and appropriate follow up. Someone will be in touch with you soon to address your concerns. We sincerely appreciate your reaching out and affording us the opportunity to respond. We take guest feedback to heart because we know it’s vital to our continued success.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced. We hope you will give us another chance as it would be our privilege to serve you again.

Warm regards,

Natasha Williams
    Office Manager
    TopGolf
    P: 214.377.0615
    F: 214.754.5927
    1717 McKinney Avenue | 8th Floor | Dallas, TX 75202
    TopGolf.com

I'm looking forward to the 'leadership team' contacting me so that I can have a chat with them and try to change their minds. If not, TopGolf will not get any of my money.
    tony1990 likes this.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post

Mr. -,

Thanks for taking the time to e-mail us about your recent experiences as our guest at TopGolf Allen . Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and we hate that we disappointed you on your last visit.

Please know that your comments have been shared with TopGolf Allen leadership team for review and appropriate follow up. Someone will be in touch with you soon to address your concerns. We sincerely appreciate your reaching out and affording us the opportunity to respond. We take guest feedback to heart because we know it’s vital to our continued success.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced. We hope you will give us another chance as it would be our privilege to serve you again.

Warm regards,

Natasha Williams
    Office Manager
    TopGolf
    P: 214.377.0615
    F: 214.754.5927
    1717 McKinney Avenue | 8th Floor | Dallas, TX 75202
    TopGolf.com

I'm looking forward to the 'leadership team' contacting me so that I can have a chat with them and try to change their minds. If not, TopGolf will not get any of my money.
    I hope you like lemonade, because I have a feeling they will tell you to such lemons.

As for the effort your putting into it. I applaud that. They have the right to deny you, and you have the right to deny them (money spent in their store). Good show......
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post

Please know that your comments have been shared with TopGolf Allen leadership team for review and appropriate follow up. Someone will be in touch with you soon to address your concerns.
    Do NOT hold your breath waiting for "the leadership team" to contact you. I wrote a very similar letter to PF Chang's China Bistro and they didn't even respond. They simply don't give a damn. They figure there are enough sheep that will keep shelling out their money that the lack of yours or mine won't make a bit of difference.

HOWEVER - We ALL- every one of us - need to write these letters. When companies hear from only a few people they have no reason to pay any attention. If they hear from several hundred they start to notice!

Just do it, guys and gals. It doesn't take long to write a letter and stamps are still (more or less) affordable.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    Sounds like an excellent opportunity to quit golf.
    Nothing to do with guns, but glad I quit golf a few years back. All I did was slice or hook and lose balls in the woods. Basically it was a frustrating game!
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member
    Comm2A Supporter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links