Concealed Carrying Church Pastor

This is a discussion on Concealed Carrying Church Pastor within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concealed Carrying Church Pastor Captures Suspected Armed Robber at Gunpoint You never know who may be packing.I bet the BG never expected a Pastor to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Concealed Carrying Church Pastor

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

Concealed Carrying Church Pastor Captures Suspected Armed Robber at Gunpoint

You never know who may be packing.I bet the BG never expected a Pastor to be carrying.Good for him.

I was a member of USCCA a few years back.I remember seeing a Pastor on the front cover of the magazine they use to send out.He carried when he was in church.I can't remember his name but he was from Ohio.

Our local church, and often the pulpit depending on who's preaching, is a pretty well-armed place on Sunday mornings. I know at least a handful of folks are carrying, because I shoot with them including one of the pastors, and I'm pretty sure there are more.

VIP Member
    That would put the fear of the lord in you . Good for Pastor

Wonder if the message was received during the sermon
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I bet the bg never saw that coming..He was in the right place at the right time,so far as helping those people in the store.Good nothing worse happened.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Clueless BG now gets 3 hots and a cot.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Clueless BG now gets 3 hots and a cot.
    Could easily have gotten 3 shots and not (a cot).

Bummer for him he only came with a spork. He'll need a good set of knee pads soon, I think. Bend over, Spanky.

Interesting situation, with a pastor doing the grunt work. Can't imagine anyone giving him grief over the situation. Though there are plenty of other similar news stories in which we've heard this or that talking head preach that citizens aren't recommended to do such things, to take the law "into their own hands," blah blah blah. Every situation should be this straightforward, as to the justifiability of a citizen doing what's needed, what's right and just.
    gatorbait51, Ransom and 64zebra like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yeah, I read this in another forum and was telling my wife about it, I'm a pastor and also carry but I haven't got around carrying it doing my service yet.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

I believe people have a right to defend themselves and their families. It is a shame that this world has reached the point that people don't even feel safe in churches or schools. This is a sure sign that this world is losing it's fear of God more and more each day.

I'm an evangelist & I carry everywhere even when preaching!
    G17,G19C,G21,G22c,G22RTF2/Gills,G26,G31,G32
    Colt Python 6'' .357mag & 4'' Trooper

NRA Pistol Instructor
    SC CWP Instructor

As the Pastor of a Texas Baptist church with CHL, I carry everywhere it is legal.

Preaching without my CC is just not right, kind of leaves something missing.

As to preacher/pastors CC, I encourage our church members to get a CHL and practice and carry as their pastor does!!!!!!

Being up front with the congregation literally may not always work, but it sure beats having gossip and wonder by the congregation or being found out by some mistake you might make, like exposing CC while putting on wireless microphone etc.

Having been a pastor near 40 yours I have found out that being up front in all issues except private counseling is the best way to go.

State your case and move on, told the church about shooting for CHL and used it in sermon illustration and informed them that all of them should get their CHL.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.....

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Actually, there is a pretty fair number of pastors/ministry professionals who are members of this forum
    Brass63 and BobbyLee like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Sounds like the guy who taught my CHL class. He's a pastor of a church in Beaumont. He once caught two teen kids in his church's gym. One kid came at him and he pulled his LCP and stopped the kid cold in his tracks. Guess he didn't think vandalism was worth getting a bullet through the skull.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoFan01 View Post
    I believe people have a right to defend themselves and their families. It is a shame that this world has reached the point that people don't even feel safe in churches or schools. This is a sure sign that this world is losing it's fear of God more and more each day.
    Though, the simple fact is that it has never actually been safe. Despite what illusions people have had over their feelings to the contrary. Predators have existed as long as humans have been bipeds, going after "tasty treats" they deemed weak and powerless enough to control or overcome. It's always been that way.

As for "sure" signs, I'd say we've got plenty of evidence that refusing to effectively parent our children has actual consequences.
    Ransom, Sky Pilot and RichB70 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I would never in my crazy dream would think that it would come to this, that pastors and ministers would have to pack heat.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links