Oregon CCW permit

Oregon CCW permit

This is a discussion on Oregon CCW permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in WA but have family in OR and was wondering what are some of the 2A friendly sheriff counties that would be more ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pinot

Thread: Oregon CCW permit

Oregon CCW permit

I live in WA but have family in OR and was wondering what are some of the 2A friendly sheriff counties that would be more likely to issue a non-resident permit? I know Oregon is a shall issue state so I want to increase my chances of getting approved. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Compa49 View Post
    I live in WA but have family in OR and was wondering what are some of the 2A friendly sheriff counties that would be more likely to issue a non-resident permit? I know Oregon is a shall issue state so I want to increase my chances of getting approved. Thanks for any help.
    Oregon is shall-issue for Oregon residents. For non-residents, I believe it's discretionary.

Check the following counties: Grant, Josephine. The write-up at Handgunlaw.us has some info about Oregon's non-res sanity (click).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

You could try Linn county. The Sheriff there has declared that he won't enforce any unconstitutional federal gun laws in Linn County. That's pretty second amendment friendly.

Oregon sheriff: 'Unconstitutional' gun control laws won't be enforced - CNN.com

Also, the Sheriff of Grant County is pro non-resident CHL. You can find information about him here:

11.07.09 GRANT COUNTY ENCOURAGES NON-RESIDENT CHL APPLICANTS. - Oregon Firearms Federation

I went right outside Portland, I think Multnomah County it was really quick from the time I went online to fill out the paper and I had to go there it took me about three weeks to get it, I don't know what the turn around now but you can go to there site or call.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

if you get over to the east side where it's a little more "red", you're chances of getting one is pretty darn high. But you have to qualify in oregon, unlike washington.

We received ours in eleven days from Sherman county. It was fast, easy and very pleasant. Get an application on line, get an Oregon approved training certificate, ( online for $10.00 and 30 minutes) call Sherman county sheriff's office and make an appointment. They are great folks and " if you pass the background check you WILL get your permit"
    Application asks reason for applying, answer is I travel and recreate in Sherman county and need it for my personal Saftey.

Call Julie at Sherman County 541-565-3622

Online training = or-chl.com
    bigpapa likes this.

Links