Concealment Jacket

This is a discussion on Concealment Jacket within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well it getting cold and I have been carrying my Glock G21 .45 on my hip, but due to some health issues I am not ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Concealment Jacket

Concealment Jacket

Well it getting cold and I have been carrying my Glock G21 .45 on my hip, but due to some health issues I am not able to carry it there. (Long story), I am looking for a nice CCW jacket to buy cause it is getting cold. I need it to hold my .45. I have been looking all over the Interwebz, and cant find the right one. If you have a place let me know.

I have been looking at this one:

SeV Tropiformer Jacket

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Coronado Leather, NRA store.

VIP Member
    Would a shoulder holster allow you to carry comfortably with a variety of outer garments - so you wouldn't have to always wear the same jacket? Never had one myself - just asking.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Would a shoulder holster allow you to carry comfortably with a variety of outer garments - so you wouldn't have to always wear the same jacket? Never had one myself - just asking.

Shooter Granny for the win.....

BadgerJ likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I carry with a sport coat on occasion. I actually hate it on windy days.

Two things come to mind for your situation, first, you might consider a smaller Glock in either .45 or 9MM. I have the Glock-36 and the Glock30SF...both are much easier to carry then my full size Glock-21...I'm just saying'...
    Secondly, the shoulder holster idea might just be your answer to keep weight/bulk off of the hip...here's mine: (zf) #70 VERTICAL SHOULDER HOLSTER
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks I like the Tru carry, think that will be it. Don't worry, I don't ever go far from my glock or let some on take my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Two things come to mind for your situation, first, you might consider a smaller Glock in either .45 or 9MM. I have the Glock-36 and the Glock30SF...both are much easier to carry then my full size Glock-21...I'm just saying'...
    Secondly, the shoulder holster idea might just be your answer to keep weight/bulk off of the hip...here's mine: (zf) #70 VERTICAL SHOULDER HOLSTER
    I like the full size gun, plus I have no funds for a new gun being disabled for the time being from my heart transplant 8 months ago. I really think the coat will be fine plus I carry a small pack sling in the summer with my gun, just tell people its my heart meds, LOL

I've got a Kangaroo Carry I use in certain situations. Definitely not my favorite way to carry, but it works when other methods don't and it hides under just about anything. I got the one in white/natural and worn over a t-shirt, it doesn't show even under a white dress shirt.

Without going in to any details, is it specific to 1 hip or are both sides of the belt not an option? If it is feasible in your situation you could consider cross draw..

I went with Scottevest. It carries anything.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I think I will be going back to a shoulder holster for winter time, at one time had Galco jackass rig really liked it.

+1 on Scottvest. Just got back from 2 weeks in Europe (no gun territory) and carried a ton of stuff in it. I also looked at how it covered my belt line for when I got back home and was pleased with it. Today I used it as a cover garmet for CCW and it worked great. Putting a 3rd mag in the right front pocket gives a push to get it open and to go to the gun. The other two spare mags are on the left side also nicely covered.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I go with the Canadian Tuxedo. Carhartt jacket or vest, depending on how cold it gets. It might make you stand out in the city, but here in the mountains it's the grey man.

78150.jpg
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links