"Saloot" to the Dogfish Head Ale House

This is a discussion on "Saloot" to the Dogfish Head Ale House within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Chantilly, VA. Changing out a convection oven early this morning. As I was disconnecting the old one the chef told me that he wished he ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: "Saloot" to the Dogfish Head Ale House

VIP Member

"Saloot" to the Dogfish Head Ale House

Chantilly, VA.

Changing out a convection oven early this morning. As I was disconnecting the old one the chef told me that he wished he could take it to the range this weekend and shoot it as it's given them nothing but problems. This led into some gun talk and not only is the chef a shooter, he's also a permit holder. Along with the GM and four of the bartenders....

Dogfish Head Brewing is a craft brewer out of Delaware that has opened several Ale House restaurants locally. Good food and great beer

Those of you who are in the NOVA area, check them out, they are on Lee Jackson Memorial Highway and support those who support the RKBA.

And on the way out the chef made a point of showing me his license tag that states he's a Gock fan.
    Last edited by SIXTO; November 11th, 2013 at 07:42 AM.

2. Remove Ads

DBS
    We eat and drink there often when we are in town for our kids' soccer games. Good food and beer. I have some Dogfish Head 120 in my fridge right now, in fact.

I'm delighted to learn that they are pro-carry, but I never do in their restaurant because I come there specifically for the beer. Can't drink and conceal in VA, and I wouldn't drink and carry anyway.

Dogfish Delaware..........gotta love'em.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    This is great news because I love their beer. I've been drinking it for years now. The 90 minute IPA is hard to beat.
    Blkandrust and marcclarke like this.

VIP Member
    Good deal I was at the brewery in DE a few weeks back

I like 'truth in advertising'...
    Aceoky likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Chantilly, VA.

Changing out a convection oven early this morning. As I was disconnecting the old one the chef told me that he wished he could take it to the range this weekend and shoot it as it's given them nothing but problems. This led into some gun talk and not only is the chef a shooter, he's also a permit holder. Along with the GM and four of the bartenders....

Dogfish Head Brewing is a craft brewer out of Delaware that has opened several Ale House restaurants locally. Good food and great beer

Those of you who are in the NOVA area, check them out, they are on Lee Jackson Memorial Highway and support those who support the RKBA.

If the have any "punk in" ale left, try one. It's hard to find down here but we get some occasionally.
    Last edited by SIXTO; November 11th, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
    My other Kahr is a Kimber.

Administrator
    I'm not so sure the chef would appreciate posting pictures of his vehicle and plate, especially along with the information you've provided to thousands of strangers. I'm editing....

If Sir Chef were a member himself and stated that he didn't mind, that's different.
    chandlerusm likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Chantilly, VA.

And on the way out the chef made a point of showing me his license tag that states he's a Gock fan.
    Sorry, not going to happen for 2 reasons:

1. I don't drink anymore.
    2. I refuse to fight the NOVA traffic
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Love this beer! We have it while biking in Vermont.

Excellent suds!

I like places like that . I think there is what 3 or 4 places in Virgina and down south where if you flash a permit to carry you get a discount .. I love the owner of one was ask if he was worry about being shot he said no not really they would not make it out here alive ...
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I like places like that . I think there is what 3 or 4 places in Virgina and down south where if you flash a permit to carry you get a discount .. I love the owner of one was ask if he was worry about being shot he said no not really they would not make it out here alive ...
    I know of one, there is a Cajun restaurant in Leesburg that has "Open Carry Wednesday" where you get 10% off if you OC in the restaurant.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

A friend says Dog Fish IPA's are great. I'd love to try some next time I can find it around St.Pete, FL.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

I know of one, there is a Cajun restaurant in Leesburg that has "Open Carry Wednesday" where you get 10% off if you OC in the restaurant.
    Here is one places I was thinking off VA Pizza Shop Offers 15% Discount to Anyone Who Brings in a Gun or Concealed Carry Permit | TheBlaze.com he even want driver to pack

We do OC lunches in AZ the tricky part is not many places to do it as you have to CC and have a permit in AZ for a places that serves boozes .. Otherwise you can carry open or concled no permit if no boze by drink is sold.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links