Conceal Carry G17

Conceal Carry G17

This is a discussion on Conceal Carry G17 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How's everyone doing? Was trying numerous holsters with my g17 and finally found one that I love to use to conceal carry my g17. Grant ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Conceal Carry G17

Conceal Carry G17

How's everyone doing? Was trying numerous holsters with my g17 and finally found one that I love to use to conceal carry my g17. Grant it I know it is not the best ccw due to the size but sometimes I like to change it up. Typically I carry my ruger sr9c at my hip and sig p238 in my pocket.

Anyways, back on topic, I started researching good mods for glocks that are used for ccw / home defense and was wondering what all of your opinions were. From what I have found, I heard people recommending cutting down the grip to a g19 size making it better for concealing purposes, changing the connector and getting a trigger job. As I said though, I take what everyone says on this forum heavily and would appreciate your insight. Thank you!

If it's Glock, keep it stock*

*Except add some night sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mdauben, marcclarke, GH and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Here is my 17, chopped down to a 19 grip. It works great for me.

Grip chop 013.JPG
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post

+1,000
    Because Gaston Glock knows more about making military & police quality firearms than you or I do.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    GH and thechriskarel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post

That was actually what a lot of sites / people were saying but they mentioned the mods I talked about above as being beneficial without killing the reliability of the glock

I add the extended slide catch. Makes it easier to lock the slide back with my little girl hands. Oh and night sights and a light for HD duty.
    Glock 19, Glock 27, Glock 30, Mossberg 500, Ruger 10/22, Savage Hog Hunter, Kahr CM9, Beretta M9

More to follow... Its an addiction

I'd say the grip chop and night sights would be worthwhile. Maybe undercut the trigger guard if you want. I wouldn't mess with the connector, but that's just me.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

I'm stickin' with "keep it stock"...plus night sights.
    GH likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have considered the grip chop. For now I am carrying my 19 mostly. That said I have returned my 17 and my 19 to stock except sights. I had Ghost connectors but my 19 would double tap unintentionally and I wasnt comfortable with it so I replaced the Ghost with stock.

G17 g4 with tru glow sights, is the only glock I have and I have learned to make do with what I got.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

nights sights first, IMO.

then i prefer to replace the stock trigger return spring with the New York-1 spring, AND replace the stock 5 pound connector with the Glock 3.5 pound competition connector. this eliminates the most break-prone part on a Glock (the spring, IMO), and results in a trigger pull in the 5-6 pound range, with resistance through the entire stroke (replacing the 'light pull, then stack' of the stock set-up.)

i have no strong objections to the stock trigger set-up. i just prefer to set it up as i described.

i was twice certified as a Glock Armorer (six years, total. but not currently certified)
    Geerawkz likes this.

Considering what you'd spend on a grip mod, why not just buy a G19? You'll preserve the resale value of your current gun, plus you'll end up with a second gun. For defensive uses, even for some of the action games, there is little lost with the shorter barrel and sighting radius of the compact model. Frankly, unless you've got a safe full of Glocks and you just want to customize one to make it stand out from the pack, I don't thinks it's money well-spent.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Geerawkz View Post
    How's everyone doing? Was trying numerous holsters with my g17 and finally found one that I love to use to conceal carry my g17. Grant it I know it is not the best ccw due to the size but sometimes I like to change it up. Typically I carry my ruger sr9c at my hip and sig p238 in my pocket.

Anyways, back on topic, I started researching good mods for glocks that are used for ccw / home defense and was wondering what all of your opinions were. From what I have found, I heard people recommending cutting down the grip to a g19 size making it better for concealing purposes, changing the connector and getting a trigger job. As I said though, I take what everyone says on this forum heavily and would appreciate your insight. Thank you!
    You've obviously been misled or have put some faith in certain things that will simply lead you to nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JDavisArk View Post
    You've obviously been misled or have put some faith in certain things that will simply lead you to nowhere.
    Well that is clearly why I came to the forum to ask of other opinions on the topic. Thank you for yours.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    nights sights first, IMO.

then i prefer to replace the stock trigger return spring with the New York-1 spring, AND replace the stock 5 pound connector with the Glock 3.5 pound competition connector. this eliminates the most break-prone part on a Glock (the spring, IMO), and results in a trigger pull in the 5-6 pound range, with resistance through the entire stroke (replacing the 'light pull, then stack' of the stock set-up.)

i have no strong objections to the stock trigger set-up. i just prefer to set it up as i described.

i was twice certified as a Glock Armorer (six years, total. but not currently certified)
    Thank you for your post very insightful and makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links