Armed citizens fight crime, shoot back

This is a discussion on Armed citizens fight crime, shoot back within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And the score is 3 bad guys, 0 good guys Armed citizens fight crime, shoot back Three armed robbers are dead in two different shootings, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Armed citizens fight crime, shoot back

And the score is 3 bad guys, 0 good guys

Three armed robbers are dead in two different shootings, one in Pennsylvania yesterday and the other in Ohio over the weekend, and the most accurate way to sum things up appears to be “they had it coming” for committing their crimes in places that weren’t “gun free zones.”

Armed citizens fight crime, shoot back - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

The gene pool just got a bit cleaner.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I love it when the good guys win. Stay armed my friends. Carry always never tell. (cant)
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I wholeheartedly endorse store owners protecting themselves.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    And the score is 3 bad guys, 0 good guys

Three armed robbers are dead in two different shootings, one in Pennsylvania yesterday and the other in Ohio over the weekend, and the most accurate way to sum things up appears to be “they had it coming” for committing their crimes in places that weren’t “gun free zones.”

Armed citizens fight crime, shoot back - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

The gene pool just got a bit cleaner.
    Dave, I usually really like your stuff... But the addition of the shooter in the NJ mall without clarifying that the mall was a GFZ seemed pointless and irrelevant. That's a no-brainer for those who follow gun rights across the land, or even in Washington state.

So, why bring it up?

If you did it for the sheep that are fretting over the libraries, they probably don't read your stuff, and without clarifying the onerous laws in Jersey, and stated fact that the mall was a GFZ... they won't connect the dots if they dd read it. Mentioning that Shoop may have stolen the gun from his brother is of little concern... the gun, to an anti, should never have been allowed to exist... rimfire or not. After all, the Sandy Hook shooter murdered his mom to steal the guns he used... If she hadn't had the guns to steal there wouldn't have been a problem.

Just my opinion... Thanks for your efforts to spread the good news about concealed carry and the right to bear rams.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I wholeheartedly endorse store owners protecting themselves.
    As opposed to us lowly non shop owners. I knew you were an elitist...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I wouldnt have stopped the two robbers myself but he did and good on him. I cant comprehend the liberal thought process that would disarm law abiding citizens when there are so many incidents out there where weapons carry has changed the course of actions for the better. There are other stories where having a weapon would have made a life altering change in the scenario. Yet ,they wouyld prefer you to assume the fetal position and rely on the mercy of a felon. I just dont get it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Nicely written article, Dave. Thank you!

Hopefully some head-in-sand types will begin to see the relationship. Disarming victims doesn't reduce the number of victims. At best, it merely helps ensure there'll be more of them, clearing the path for the violent predators in our midst.

Wake up Seattle citizens. Criminalizing the upstanding isn't going to help anything but salve your conscience and make everyone less safe. The violent predators will still be out there, and they'll still be hunting for target-rich environments such as the libraries you're seeking to "clear" ahead of them. Bad juju, that sort of thinking. All it'll get you is the world the predators want to see: them armed but nobody else, and you without any prayer of surviving it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I started to read the article then i seen the " Toe Picture " then i could not read it anymore .

I am glad when the good guys win .
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

"The armed men took cash, cigarettes and lottery tickets before exiting the store. Outside they were confronted by the concerned citizen who told them not to move and that he was calling police.
    Adams said a struggle ensued and the suspects took out their weapons. The citizen, however, was also armed and fired at the suspects.
    The suspects were both shot in the chest and died at the scene."

Wow 2 on one....good guy must have been pretty proficient with a hand gun.
    gatorbait51 and NONAME762 like this.

Confronting a robber over some cash and cigarretts may seem dumb to some, but I have learned that success brings confidence, so a robber that is not confronted and stop will continue to do it and maybe expand to other tactics.
    ccw9mm and gatorbait51 like this.

This said I have to add that I carry my weapon for my protection and others around me, and not to fight crime, thats police work.So I also carry a cell phone and 911 is quick dial #9.
    brocktice and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wysh View Post
    This said I have to add that I carry my weapon for my protection and others around me, and not to fight crime, thats police work.So I also carry a cell phone and 911 is quick dial #9.
    I carry a weapon for MY protection only, i'm not putting my life on the line for someone else who's too stupid to protect themselves, sorry but i'm not a sheepdog, the wolves can have all the 'bury your head in the sand' folks who think LE will save them.

Sara Lou
    gatorbait51 and NONAME762 like this.
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

Quote Originally Posted by wysh View Post
    Confronting a robber over some cash and cigarretts may seem dumb to some, but I have learned that success brings confidence, so a robber that is not confronted and stop will continue to do it and maybe expand to other tactics.

Coddling gets us nowhere. Plenty of examples of failed recidivism, wherever we look.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    As opposed to us lowly non shop owners. I knew you were an elitist...
    Well HB how do you feel about long haired Redneck *shop owners*? I used to take my *act* on the road. Been as far as Redlodge Montana selling my wares. Now before I go further off topic I just wanna say I'm glad those GGs had some pool grade chlorine in their holsters. HUA

PS I've NEVER seen a No Guns Allowed sign at the Mall where I used to go once or twice a year.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Reading yesterday's paper on the Ohio shooting....

Says Ms. long was shot at least once in the abdomen, according to police report. Police Sgt. Joe Heffernan said that after reviewing surveillance video taken from the West Toledo Stop & Go, it appears the robber, Chris Shockley fired first. Shockley was shot once in his torso and was found unconscious near the front door when police arrived. Ms. Long was at the back of the store. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment, no word on her condition.

Officials do not expect charges be filed against Ms. Long.

I hope Ms. Long a speedy recovery and hope the store management not only keeps her employed but give her a promotion for her heroism!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links