Glock 21SF IWB? Anyone?

This is a discussion on Glock 21SF IWB? Anyone? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My EDC is a Kahr PM9. I carry it In an IWB holster at about 4-4:30. Fits nicely back there- can drive, sit, etc. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Glock 21SF IWB? Anyone?

Glock 21SF IWB? Anyone?

My EDC is a Kahr PM9. I carry it In an IWB holster at about 4-4:30. Fits nicely back there- can drive, sit, etc. It really kind of disappears.

I also have a G21SF and I was wondering if I should even attempt an IWB holster. I'm 155 lbs, 34" waist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Recon1342 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I'm 165, 32" waist. I am also 6'6" tall. With a good OWB holster and a loose button down shirt, I can make a G21 disappear. That's why I just bought one...;-). It has been my experience that service sized pistols will conceal, but it nearly always requires OWB carry. Try a good pancake style holster, and you'd be surprised at what people will fail to notice.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Recon1342 View Post
    I'm 165, 32" waist. I am also 6'6" tall. With a good OWB holster and a loose button down shirt, I can make a G21 disappear. That's why I just bought one...;-). It has been my experience that service sized pistols will conceal, but it nearly always requires OWB carry. Try a good pancake style holster, and you'd be surprised at what people will fail to notice.

By the way, welcome to the forum.
    Thanks Recon.

Recon1342 likes this.

VIP Member
    Concealing it IWB should be no problem. The only thing you are worrying about is the grip of the gun. The barrel is going to be inside your pants, so the length of it is a non-issue. I've seen people smaller than you carry a 1911 government model IWB without problems.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

you can do it if you dress around the gun. bigger shirts will help in the cover of the butt. the barrel will be inside your pants.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Glock 21SF IWB? Anyone?

Gun belt and a quality holster (try Foxx) and you can hide a 21SF. I've hid my old G20 and my current G17 with that setup and a loose fitting t shirt.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    A good quality leather IWB and the G21 is just fine, the standard grip G21 has been my EDC for the last 12 years. same holster too. It’s similar to the V-Max 2, mine uses the Comp-Tach clips for height and angle adjustment. A nice forward cant helps with the “larger” grip, keeping it from swinging out on you. Probably the most important factor is your behavior, as long as you’re not constantly checking it, or positioning it, most people are not looking for it, so it will have to be blatantly obvious to be discovered by the average person on the street.

Good luck, and "Carry" on.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Friend does it very successfully in an MTAC. Not my bag though, don't like the weight. I rotate between a G19 and G27 with no issues.
    Glock 19, Glock 27, Glock 30, Mossberg 500, Ruger 10/22, Savage Hog Hunter, Kahr CM9, Beretta M9

More to follow... Its an addiction

Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
    My EDC is a Kahr PM9. I carry it In an IWB holster at about 4-4:30. Fits nicely back there- can drive, sit, etc. It really kind of disappears.

I also have a G21SF and I was wondering if I should even attempt an IWB holster. I'm 155 lbs, 34" waist.

I can make a G30SF vanish. The trick is to get an AIWB holster that lets you put the grip behind your belt (between your belt's inside and your stomach). With a 1 & 3/4 inch belt there is a bit of a bulge from 12:00 to 2:00, which nobody notices if you wear a dark-colored patterned loose-fitting shirt. The Remora regular and tuckable holsters work extremely well for the grip-behind-the-belt technique.

Not a 21 but I do carry my G20 10mm IWB in a Overland Gun Leather Axe. I'm 5'11" and 190#. As has been stated its not hard to do if you seriously want to.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Welcome!

I carry my 21SF in an outside belt holster with an oversized t-shirt untucked. As far as I know no one has noticed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    A nice forward cant helps with the “larger” grip
    This. I carry a 20SF IWB in a leather/kydex hybrid holster with a solid gunbelt I have it adjusted with a forward cant and carry around 3:30. It's obviously more noticeable than my smaller primary carry, but if I'm going to be standing/hiking more than sitting, it's comfortable.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to see if I can find a place to try some different IWB holsters. If I can't find a place I may start a holster collection like so many folks seem to have. :)

With a jacket on, or a shirt thats large on you and made with heavy fabric (pattern like plaid, stripes, etc something busy) will make it doable. Could someone your size conceal it under a regular tshirt and walk around town and move freely? Probably not.

Im in the boat with the 2nd post here... Im 6'5, but I look like I ate someone his size. Im 300lbs to go along with the height, and I conceal a Glock 17 under a plain white tshirt that I use as an undershirt without much problem. I have to be a little more careful if Im wearing just that, but if I throw on even a standard fitting polo over the undershirt (again, two shirts helps, the thickness of the fabric does wonders to not make the outline so sharp if it does just out a bit when I bend), its no problem.

I can conceal my Glock 17 easily with my White Hat MaxTuck. I tried my friends Aegis Armory hybrid holster OWB (the way he wears it with his Glock 19) with even his smaller 19, and I couldnt conceal it worth a crap.

Just find an IWB that keeps the gun (and especially the grip) tight up against your body, and something that will let it ride low.
    Recon1342 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post

Im in the boat with the 2nd post here... Im 6'5, but I look like I ate someone his size. Im 300lbs to go along with the height...
    I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links