Opinions on/knowledge of CCWSafe.com

This is a discussion on Opinions on/knowledge of CCWSafe.com within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CCWSafe.com has been advertising a lot here lately. They claim they will provide legal services (criminal or civil) for members. Only requirements seem to be ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StevePVB

Thread: Opinions on/knowledge of CCWSafe.com

CCWSafe.com has been advertising a lot here lately. They claim they will provide legal services (criminal or civil) for members. Only requirements seem to be paying the $99 annual fee and have a valid CCW permit. Without knowing all the fine print, there is no additional charge after they assign the lawyer (and expert witnesses).

I asked if they would provide a list of the Jacksonville area lawyers they might choose from if I needed help. They won't release the names of their lawyers in the program (don't want us to go get them individually). Sort of makes sense, but I doubt if $99 will buy much top notch legal talent when an incident might run up $50,000 in legal fees.

Does anyone have info or experience with these folks? If they are legit the price is impossible to beat. But, I have heard that old saying about if it sounds too good to be true...
    stylus likes this.

I have no idea what the total legal fees in Florida's most famous self defense shooting finally totaled, but I'll bet $50,000 just made a down payment. I doubt that you'll get that level of representation for $99 a year, and when my life is on the line, I won't be shopping in the discount aisle for an attorney.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    The terms of service notes that “any money judgements rendered against a member is the responsibility of the member.” So if you shoot someone with your concealed weapon and lose the case, you’re on the hook for the payout. If you’re insured, the insurance company should cover part of the penalty. Concealed weapon carriers interested in this type of service should be aware that CCW Safe does not cover money judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by NickBurkhardt View Post
    The terms of service notes that “any money judgements rendered against a member is the responsibility of the member.” So if you shoot someone with your concealed weapon and lose the case, you’re on the hook for the payout. If you’re insured, the insurance company should cover part of the penalty. Concealed weapon carriers interested in this type of service should be aware that CCW Safe does not cover money judgements.
    That makes sense. But, my concern would be the quality of lawyer they would hire that obviously has a lot do do with the results in court - criminal or civil.

Their refusal to divulge their lawyers (which obviously can change over time) is a non-starter for me.

I do understand the economics. It's insurance. Enough folks paying the $99 and not needing the service makes the money available for those that do.

New Member Array LeonardoDiCapri's Avatar
    Great sharing ...!

IMO, it sounds too good to be true. I'd have to check out the fine print a few times before signing up.

It'd be great to hear from somebody out there who was a member and actually had to use their services.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Links