some kind of a nut

This is a discussion on some kind of a nut within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since I've been carrying, my little Ruger LCP and ankle holster are part of my clothing. Socks, shoes, holster, pants... the LCP stays on my ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: some kind of a nut

some kind of a nut

Since I've been carrying, my little Ruger LCP and ankle holster are part of my clothing. Socks, shoes, holster, pants... the LCP stays on my leg until I take my pants off at night. Not that it needs to be on me in the house, it's just that there's no reason to make a special effort to remove it.

Now that it's cold enough to wear a jacket, I've been carrying a 2" revolver in a shoulder holster. I pull the holster on before my jacket (my insulated vest works just as well) when I go outside. Generally, when I take the jacket or vest off, I take the holster off as well.

So, yesterday I'm out at the hardware store, and it suddenly struck me that I'm wearing TWO guns. If I were to be injured and taken to the hospital, or have an encounter with the local PD, surely they'd think I was some kind of a nut.

I can't see any reason to take the Ruger off just because I shrugged into the shoulder holster. The Ruger is just there, like my wrist watch or underwear.
    gatorbait51 and RichB70 like this.

2. Remove Ads

I see no reason to alter your method.

dan
    StormRhydr and gatorbait51 like this.

OD*
    I guess I'm some kinda nut.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I had a sudden vision of a guy lying on a stretcher and a pile of guns on another.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I had a sudden vision of a guy lying on a stretcher and a pile of guns on another.
    There is a limit to what you can control in an altercation, but two guns seems quite feasible and reasonable, IMHO.

I've gone back to carrying just one, because I perceive my risk is lower these days. I may regret that decision?

{edit} Hmmm... but there is a PM9 in my work desk drawer too... Yup. I'm a nut.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

You are not a nut, you are someone who is well prepared.

My best friend had a cousin who had been a Navy Seal back in the late 1970's. After he got out, the guy got a job driving a taxi in his Florida hometown. Apparently, he was into guns big time and had several that he carried on a regular basis.

He got into an altercation with someone and instead of using any one of his handguns, he opened up a Navy Seal can of whoopin' and beat this guy to a pulp. The Cops came, detained and frisked him. The found at least four hand guns on him in various places. He even told them he had a small caliber pistol in a crotch holster and the Cop told him that was one he could keep.

Since the guy he put a thorough beat down on had instigated the incident, they let my buddy's cousin go and he got all his handguns back.

I think you are really far from being a nut-case.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

From One Nut to another, I have Two Guns on me all day every day. The only CCW State that allows only One Gun is New Mexico, from what I here. If asked why I felt the need for Two Guns, my reply starts with, all my Police friends carry Two. After that I go threw the list. Injury to main gun hand, malfunction to main gun, arm another capable person such as my wife, New York Reload. to name a few.
    BenGoodLuck and Ghost1958 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Just call me crazy......
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

My wife agrees with you I am some kind of nut

I agree, you are a nut. And so is anyone who keeps a spare tire in their trunk.
    Carry on brother.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I carry a BUG in lieu of a spare mag.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Two is one. One is none.

Remember Murphy.
    StormRhydr and OD* like this.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Well, if your a nut for carrying 2 guns, you're in good company. There are LOTS of people who do.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Id say being a nut is a subjective thing. I dont wear a wristwatch or underware.
    linlady likes this.
    1911 responds much quicker than 911

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links