Oregon non-resident

Oregon non-resident

This is a discussion on Oregon non-resident within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am one of the lucky few in CA to have my ccw. I have family in Or and travel to southern or at least ...

Thread: Oregon non-resident

Oregon non-resident

I am one of the lucky few in CA to have my ccw. I have family in Or and travel to southern or at least yearly etc. I was going to apply for my CHL in joesephine county but thier site says they no longer process non-res.? the other county sites are silent. Any one know of a souther county still doing non-resi?

VIP Member
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    Try Jackson County or if you can travel up here to the NE corner of the state, Grant County Concealed Hand Gun License

Call the Sheriff of county some times the net is slow to update and I would rather talk directly to a person then end up getting a bail bondsman. Oregon has some quirky ways.

I live in Josephine County. Our Sheriff is a great guy, and is pro-carry. In fact he has recommended that citizens obtain a CCP. The problem is he has no staff or funding. We only have a few deputies to patrol the road, and not 24/7. We don't have enough funding to keep the jail operating at/or even close to capacity. It's a problem of not enough staff to process applications. Try Jackson County. They are in better shape financially I think.

The other thing is the Sheriff has been flooded with applications. With no jail to speak of and no deputies to respond to calls, Josephine County is becoming a paradise for low-lifes and criminals. People realize that calling 911 is no more effective than calling McDonald's in an emergency. Folks understand that personal safety is their responsibility. Currently 1 in 15 Oregonians have a CCP

Sponsored Links