Holidays

This is a discussion on Holidays within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, As the holiday approaches and the relatives flying in, I have a couple of questions for a person new to concealed carry. We ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Holidays

Holidays

Hi guys,

As the holiday approaches and the relatives flying in, I have a couple of questions for a person new to concealed carry. We are celebrating the holidays at my Grandparents house and it is not exactly in a desirable neighborhood, it use to be back then, but now it isn’t, anyways I am considering carrying to the house, but my family is Anti. I’m afraid that when they come in contact with me they will find out I’m carrying and flip out. What would you guys do in this situation? Thank you in advance.

Mike
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I have never heard the term "flip out", so dont really know what you are talking about.
    rcsoftexas likes this.

It means that get mad and start yelling.

Mike
    multistage likes this.

Don't bathe a while and no one in your family will hug you.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    CANT - Always Carry, Never Tell. You should carry whenever and wherever you legally can. When your family hugs you, go low, which will force them to hug high. If they happen to touch your CCW, don't even mention it. If they ask about it, change the subject.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Thank you for the advice Ben.

Mike
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

<-- Really laughing. I thought the part about "flip out" was some new kind of holster, or something.

Go with an ankle rig. Carry, regardless.
    Bigsteve113 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    <-- Really laughing. I thought the part about "flip out" was some new kind of holster, or something.

Thank you Storm, I am considering that. What holster do you recommend.

Mike

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Concealed is concealed. I agree with Ben about hugging low so they have to go high and do your best to avoid bumping into somebody and they should never know.

I have two ankle holsters. Both by Galco. One is for a J frame .38 special. Its the more substantial holster of the two. I think its called "the ankle glove". Then for a pocket pistol, like a ruger lcp .380, I have one by Galco that is more like a big elastic ban, a place for the gun, and a snap break on it.

Both work. Both are well designed and comfortable. The former cost lots more than the latter, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesMP9c View Post
    Thank you Storm, I am considering that. What holster do you recommend.

Mike
    mikesMP9c likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post

It is storm go to flipoutholsters.com and check them out.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Hi Mike,

Grandparents' house, Grandparents' rules. The choice is up to you if you want to take the chance of getting found out and face the "discussion" of why you feel the need to carry in their house (which is where the discussion will go), or leave it locked in the car.

Personally I'd probably carry unless they are blathering anti's in which case it gets more complicated and you have to decide which is the lesser of the two, facing their potential wrath or taking the chance that you will not need to defend them and yourself.

BTW, nice pistol, I carry a 40c myself.

Max
    mikesMP9c and Black Knight like this.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Thank you Maxwell for your reply. You hit the nail on the head, this is my exact problem, whether it is worth it or not.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell47 View Post
    Hi Mike,

Grandparents' house, Grandparents' rules. The choice is up to you if you want to take the chance of getting found out and face the "discussion" of why you feel the need to carry in their house (which is where the discussion will go), or leave it locked in the car.

Personally I'd probably carry unless they are blathering anti's in which case it gets more complicated and you have to decide which is the lesser of the two, facing their potential wrath or taking the chance that you will not need to defend them and yourself.

BTW, nice pistol, I carry a 40c myself.

Max
    I agree with you on this if the grandparents have asked him not to carry but he did not say that was the case. He just said his family members were anti.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    Agree with the go low, make them hug high. Good practice whether anti's or not. As for carrying, make sure the state does not require notification of the home owner before entering. I know SC requires it, not sure about other states.

On the other hand, if you look like and dress your avatar, who's going to even notice a gun!!
    mikesMP9c and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links