Defensive Carry banner

May have been made by a teenager...

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  LoveLeather 
#1 ·
Saturday I feel like crap,but have to go to the store.....so I'm wearing sweatpants..I put my S and w airweight in my 5.11 vest pocket(left front)So I'm buying my groceries and this kid ,maybe 14 or 15 is constantly checking out my vest,right wear the gun is.W/out trying to be too obvious,I check to make sure the pocket isn't hanging open,everything seems to be in order,but the kid is still eyeing me...I kind of make eye contact and nod to the kid.He nods back,but says nothing.I still can't decide if he was seeing the gun or not.Not that it mattered in the long run...but it is making me rethink carrying in my vest....

#3 ·
or maybe he was just a teenager. My 14 yr. old can stare at nothing for, what seems like, hours at a time.

"What were you thinking about?"
"Nothin'!"
"Well why were looking at the dishwasher for last hour?"
"I don't know"
"Were you thinking of loading the dishwasher with the dinner dishes?"
"Not really"

Two hours later

"Why are you staring at the TV while it's turned off?"
"Nothin' better to do"
"You could turn it on and watch a show."
"Naw..."

I was a teenager once, but I still can't figure my own teens out, let alone a teen I see in a store. I wouldn't worry to much about it. You were aware of what he was doing, and where he was looking, and that's the best way to make sure something doesn't happen if the "goofy teenage kid" ever turned into a "Stupid teenage criminal"

#4 ·
maybe he was thinking how he would look in one of those vests with his underwear hanging down to his knees like so many of them do today.

#6 ·
Probably reads the boards, found out what a 5.11 vest is commonly used for, and decided to play, "Is that person packing" (a game I play at the mall when I am bored).

Also, vest may have been weighted down by the gun and he saw that there was something heavy in the pocket, so was looking at the pocket to try to guess what was in it.

Or maybe he wanted to play sheep rancher with you *grin* (j/k, but you will have to think about a recent movie on that one).

Wayne

#7 ·
You Read This Kid Wrong...

First of all, today's young HS kids don't spend that much time thinking about anything...(an exception to this rule narrowly includes the opposite sex)...

Secondly, the RARE kid who WAS thinking...and perceived a gun...would have A S K E D you about it... while announcing it to the world!

My answers here are taken from personal experience...I have the delightful opportunity of interacting with 150 of these 'darlings' on a daily basis...

OMO

ret:urla9ub:

#8 ·
Probably thought you had a stash of pot in there and was watching to see if you'd buy some Zig Zags....whoops that would be college years....sorry, forget I said that....:spankme:

#9 · (Edited)
Just to be on the safe side you should have shot him.

Wait, I am kidding. He should have been at least pistol whipped, though. This would have probably made you feel better.

Also, never admit to anyone, ever, that you wear a 5.11 vest and sweatpants out to the store.

Just kidding :)

My real response is actually the same as retsupt99's. He always reads my mind!

#13 ·
Now that I think about it,it was a fasion statement...the statement would be...."I'm a dork."
As far as shooting the kid...probably a waste of expensive carry ammo....:banana:
Maybe he thought"Hey,I need to get one of those vests,so Ican look as tactical and cool as this fat guy...cause he's awesome."maybe not.Although if his Mother had been staring,it wouldn't have bothered me...:wink:

#14 ·
Was it just a kid in the store or was it a kid ringing you up at the register? If it was the later maybe he noticed there was something in the vest and wondered if you were shoplifting...........

After all a vest and sweats might look a little out of place. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.