Would you carry at work if against policy? - Page 4

Would you carry at work if against policy?

This is a discussion on Would you carry at work if against policy? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't carry at work as it's on a Federal Government compound. It's in a bad neighborhood in North St. Louis and would be great ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I don't carry at work as it's on a Federal Government compound. It's in a bad neighborhood in North St. Louis and would be great to have with me, but no way. It's against the law and not worth losing my CCW forever - not to mention going to the poke with Leroy if caught. So no, don't do it and never will unless the law changes which it won't.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Can't we have to pass through a metal detector to get into work and they have privet security at the entrapment area (oops I mean the main entrance).
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Sure I would, unless I had to go through metal detectors or something to get into work.

Not an issue, though, since I'm self-employed.

My rule is "All Employees Are Armed...No Gun, No Job"

Of course, I'm the only one employee right now, but that could change.....

I think I've made my choice.. See I work in a rather large factory where I've been attacked a few times already, but nothing more than a bruise(on me). Company policy is no weapons(knives even) on property. They supposedly submit to random security searches of your person(pockets, bags, etc.), but I've never seen one in 2 years I've been there. So my plan is to get something little that can be stuffed in a front pocket, not sure what though. Actually I saw a little semi auto, that has a pop up front on it to chamber a round that way(Much like a single shot shotgun) I think holds probably 5 rounds. Small enough to dissapear in a pocket no problemo. What the hell is this gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    Actually I saw a little semi auto, that has a pop up front on it to chamber a round that way(Much like a single shot shotgun) I think holds probably 5 rounds. Small enough to dissapear in a pocket no problemo. What the hell is this gun?
    Perhaps a Beretta Bobcat?
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    and carried 24/7 for 4 years...Now, only when not at work!

I took a position at a local high school last year. So last year, this year, and maybe...one more???????...I cannot carry at work or even have a weapon in my car...AND...they do 'searchs' w/dogs every once in a while...

ret
    Hmmm...I kinda surprised. In Michigan, the law states that there are several "gun free zones" (schools, daycares, college dorms, and the like) but that parking lots of said zones are specifically excluded. Michigan based its CCW law largely on Florida's, but you're saying you can't have it locked in the car?

I have Carried when at work due to the areas I go to .It was against company policy to have a gun in a company truck . I collected large sums of money in bad areas. I know of several other employees who did the same. i

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Our office has a "no weapons" policy. However, three of us are former LEOs who have received special permission to carry. Prior to that I went to work one morning with my pistol on my belt, not even thinking I took off my jacket and exposed it. Not 15 seconds later my boss asked me if I were expecting trouble, with out missing a beat I said, "I certainly hope not.", put my jacket back on and took the gun out to my car. No one ever said anything about it again, until 9/11 when our company was looking to beef up security and decided that a covert internal security force would help do that without increasing costs. It's not something we talk about openly at work.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by sailormnop View Post
    Perhaps a Beretta Bobcat?
    Yep, that'd be it, thanks.

My company has a 'no weapons policy' and prohibits them on the property (ghost-buster signs).

I did talk to my VP boss about how stupid I thought the signs were, but to no avail.

Needless to say, I don't carry at work.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

The company I work for also prohibits weapons even in the parking lot. This is my only livelyhood and I will never take that chance packing a gun or keep one inside my vehicle on company property or my family will go hungry. NEVER!

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    Yep, that'd be it, thanks.
    The Bobcat is in .25ACP, but the Tomcat whish is similarly configured is in .32ACP. Both make good pocket guns. Using the right ammo you can load a Tomcat to almost .380 specs.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Yeah it was probably the Tomcat, the bobcat did seem a little smaller than what I saw. .25acp isn't much stopping power, but at lesat a .32 would be a chance.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I'd make sure not to ask what the policy is...
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Well where I work its pretty clearly posted as soon as you enter the employee parking lot that no weapons are allowed, big ass white sign directly opposite side of the drive as the handbags, briefcases, and packages subject to search(even though they never are)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links