this sucks - pants don't fit with gun

This is a discussion on this sucks - pants don't fit with gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just put on my suit for the first time after getting my permit to find out that my pants are a we bit snug with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this sucks - pants don't fit with gun

this sucks - pants don't fit with gun

Just put on my suit for the first time after getting my permit to find out that my pants are a we bit snug with the gun (we're talking don't breath nor eat snug). This is extremely dissapointing! To top it all off I actually lost a few pounds which means that if I get to my regular weight... I'm in trouble.

Gonna have to see if I have any other black slacks that match the suit...... or maybe I should look into a shoulder rig? And pack a .44 Mag :D Harry Callaghan style. Ok, I'm joking about the mag, but the shoulder rig is tempting.

Oh well, I think that best solution will be to match some slacks that look close and see what comes out of it (or loose weight before Thursday, but as skinny as I am I don't see that happening).

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It happen to the best of us. LOL I'm told for a IWB, pants waist should be 2 inches bigger. I'm sure one of our holster artist can answer better.

VIP Member
    If you go shoulder rig have someone check you out from behind to be sure the straps don't print through your jacket.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Guess IWB is the way to go for me since all my pants are already 2 inches to big(yay for losing a ton eh?)

I hear that the pants that have hidden adjustability in them work nicely. They give for when gun is on and still fit nice when gun is off. LL Bean makes a line of them as well as Docker.

just an idea

Thanks
    MikeV

Administrator
    A shoulder rig is a good option if you are going to wear suit clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    Guess IWB is the way to go for me since all my pants are already 2 inches to big(yay for losing a ton eh?)
    Congratulations!

I didn't see you mention what type of holster you use, but there options. For IWB, you may consider one of the fine holster artists here, who design their products to be ultra thin.

For the time being you may consider a "Smart Carry" or even a belly band. The BB can be raised to get the widest part of the firearm out of your belt line. If you have a smaller firearm, you may consider ankle or pocket carry.

With these options (with possible exception of pocket) you'll sacrifice access speed for concealability (and possibly comfort - Smart carry can be uncomfortable depending on you and your gun). Hope it helps a bit. Look forward to hearing your final solution.

Tony

yep need the 2inch larger pants to carry IWB comfortably

IWB Holster CCW Problems

Very interesting about needing the 2 inch larger waistband for IWB holsters. I've had my CCW for almost 2 years now, bought a Don Hume IWB holster for my XD40 SC, and am not sure if even a larger waistband is going to help me out, as that holster is WAY too stiff as well as feels bulky!!! Very nicely constructed though, but may have been better if I had purchased one of those suede slip in IWB holsters instead, and for a whole lot less money at that. Since then, I've been using a Passport fanny pack, which has gotten pretty heavy with loaded mags, as well as my other personal items. My gal friend bought me a shoulder rig for my Yule present, to fit my Beretta 96, and may start carrying it instead. May also look into one of those belly band types for my XD. Thanks for the ideas and if I can be of any help, let me know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    yep need the 2inch larger pants to carry IWB comfortably
    All of my pants fit fine for IWB.

I recently got an OWB holster and my pants and one of my belts are TOO BIG for that.

I guess I need to have seperate IWB and OWB wardrobes...******.

Yes, I lost 20lbs, my spare tire is much smaller, and IWB is way more confortable. Plus, you have a lot of clothes that our 2 inches bigger than they should be.....
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Guess I'm lucky, as my new IWB rig works fine with my current dress slacks and my jeans. I'm carrying a Kahr K40 in an Andrews McD II and one of Sam's gun belts.

Yesterday I found a pair of pants I havn't worn in 40 years. They were waist size 30. I'm now waist size 38. Most of us seem to swell up eventually. :-)
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Yesterday I found a pair of pants I havn't worn in 40 years. They were waist size 30. I'm now waist size 38. Most of us seem to swell up eventually. :-)
    LOL... well, I found a pair that was a "blast from the past" before, but that's not the problem. The problem is the XD .40 growth.... I wish I had planned earlier and had a nice OWB holster for such emergencies.

Find an old-school tailor, take your pants, your holster, and your gun, and ask him to make it fit. You'll be amazed at how comfortable he can make it, and how good it will look on you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links