I Converted A Shopping Mall !!!

This is a discussion on I Converted A Shopping Mall !!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently went Christmas shopping with the Mrs' and a bunch(6) of her family to the local mall (KYOVA MALL IN BOYD Co. KY), upon ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Converted A Shopping Mall !!!

I recently went Christmas shopping with the Mrs' and a bunch(6) of her family to the local mall (KYOVA MALL IN BOYD Co. KY), upon entering the parking lot I spotted several ""NO WEAPONS" LEOs EXEMPT" signs. I informed my wife we would not be shopping there due to the fact I was carrying, so we went to another mall 30 miles away. To make a long story short... I sent emails to the property manager(s) explaining how we HAD to go to the other mall due to his signs (and that we spent over $5000.00). Yesterday I recieved an email back from the mall mgr that is was mall policy under their 'code of conduct'. BUT TODAY I received an email from the attorney that represents the mall telling me that it has not even been considered until now, AND that the policy WILL BE CHANGED to cover CCW holders!!!

Mods: please move to appropriate forum (or delete if nec.) if this is not the right one, I'm sorry.

Great Job!

You got involved in an honest and non-threatening way, and made them open up their minds. Hopefully they will follow through on that last email.

Here's to all of us being as successful in our efforts.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

excellent! very nice to hear!!

VIP Member
    That's great news!
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Well Done

Thank you for going the extra mile(s). Walking off in a huff and shopping elsewhere is fine, but bringing the financial loss to the attention of the company involved is my preferred way of handling these situations. Glad to hear of the outcome. Just complaining about it to the other gunnies on the various forums is not enough. Keep up the good work and welcome.

That's AWESOME! Good job, bro!
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

Great job! The key point from the attorney is that they never even considered it until now.

The sheep think guns are bad and therefore only bad people (minus LEO) carry them.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Kudos on a job well done, Please let us know if they follow through with the changes to the signs.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

mall

Very good job especialy the way it was handled
    US Paratroopers give the enemy maxnimum opportunity to give his life for his country

Lead Moderator
    Way to go!!

I think that is a first on this site! Keep up the good work, and glad to hear that some folks are responsive....... That's always nice to hear.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

perhaps an email address for the mall coule be posted?
    We (as a group) always seem to let people know when they have done something stupid. Perhaps getting a bunch of emails with positive reinforcement will help to solidify their stance in the event that some antis see the sign and complain. I'm more than willing to tell someone when they have done a good job and I think that everyone involved did a good job here...I'd just like the mall to know that they didn't help just one person but a whole group of people...

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Thank you for going the extra mile(s). Walking off in a huff and shopping elsewhere is fine, but bringing the financial loss to the attention of the company involved is my preferred way of handling these situations. Glad to hear of the outcome. Just complaining about it to the other gunnies on the various forums is not enough. Keep up the good work and welcome.
    My thoughts exactly, way to go kyguy, you made a difference.....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Ive seen these signs in Ohio but never in a mall. What you did is great . It opened some closed minds. I would never thought of this. Good idea.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyguy View Post
    I recently went Christmas shopping with the Mrs' and a bunch(6) of her family to the local mall (KYOVA MALL IN BOYD Co. KY), upon entering the parking lot I spotted several ""NO WEAPONS" LEOs EXEMPT" signs. I informed my wife we would not be shopping there due to the fact I was carrying, so we went to another mall 30 miles away. To make a long story short... I sent emails to the property manager(s) explaining how we HAD to go to the other mall due to his signs (and that we spent over $5000.00). Yesterday I recieved an email back from the mall mgr that is was mall policy under their 'code of conduct'. BUT TODAY I received an email from the attorney that represents the mall telling me that it has not even been considered until now, AND that the policy WILL BE CHANGED to cover CCW holders!!!

Mods: please move to appropriate forum (or delete if nec.) if this is not the right one, I'm sorry.

GOOD JOB!

I did the same thing at a bank several years ago. Our bank just visibly posted their "No Guns" policy, so I closed all of our accounts and moved all the money (including a six figure inheiritance from my father's estate) to another bank that didn't prohibit guns, and I told them why in no uncertain terms, and if they wanted me and my money back that they would come to their senses and change their policy. They didn't and I never have been back there.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

WOW, good news on the front lines. Way to go!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links