Can you say too hot

Can you say too hot

This is a discussion on Can you say too hot within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; not really a issue or anything but sort of a funny storie.. Went out shooting the glock 17 last week cooked though 300 rounds relaoded ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you say too hot

Can you say too hot

not really a issue or anything but sort of a funny storie.. Went out shooting the glock 17 last week cooked though 300 rounds relaoded with carry ammo..

Felt slide and said little warm not bad.. Went to reholster IWB got gun almost all the way in to where front of slide hits me and i have to readjust and

SOB it was way hot was cold on the range didnt realise it as that cold ... So now i have a neat non perminite(sp) Tattoo of the front of slide of the G-17 and Barrel .. All i can say was a dumba** mistake i wont make again the shooting looked like this wonder why it was hot ..

Bud, I think we have all grabbed a hot gun. Only have to do it once. :headwall:

Lead Moderator
    Try a fluted AR barrel after shooting 100+ rnds. quickly.

The mozambique drills and clears I did last week let me know real quick how umm WARM a bbl and slide could get.
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

VIP Member
    OUCH!

HK PSPs get really hot as I learned the hard way one day.

DC Founder
    Reminds me of some of my time at North Fort Hood on the tank range. We had been through a .50 shoot out (at night) when our new Second Lieutenant decided to climb up and congratulate us for our shooting. First, the doofus boarded from the front of the tank, which is a bigtime infraction on a live fire range. After the range officer ripped him a new one and he was embarrassed and nervous in front of all of the enlisted guys, he grabbed the barrel of the .50 mounted in my TC turret, which you also weren't supposed to do. He probably would have gotten reamed again but his trip to the hospital kept the range officer at bay. The barrel had just cooled enough to lose that "cherry colored glow".
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Ouchy thas way worse than mine surpised he didnt walk away with a stub

I saw a recruit do that on a M249 to reposition it to a new firing lane.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

My first FAL build has my left index fingerprint permanently burned on the barrel in front of the gas valve.

I still haven't learned my lesson.

VIP Member
    I've toasted myself a couple times. Once I ended up with a blue plastic tarp fused to the barrel of a Bushmaster.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Try having an MT from a .22 drop down the front of your shirt, left a mark that took a week to heal. That is the last time I wear a loose fitting T to an indoor range.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I've done that so many times! Always when someone is watching...

Worst was at work, contractors welded a new handrail by the stairs. Welding was complete, and they had just carted the equipment (immediately) off. It wasn't cherry red anymore, but it sure did a number on my palm (ever hear your own skin sizzle?)! Right after I did it, a welder showed up with a strip of caution tape... seems he went to go get it before someone grabbed the rail.

Try a Ma deuce barrel swap without mitts...I guarantee youll only do it once.

VIP Member
    If you're shooting semiautos with a buddy, here's why you should be on the left side:

hot brass down big brother's shirt
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

And you certainly look concerned for his well being

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links