NH Non Resident Arrived Now SC?

This is a discussion on NH Non Resident Arrived Now SC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well i got my NH non resident permit today.... If only SC could have a soultion.....there state laws mention if you are fishing or hunting...you ...

Well i got my NH non resident permit today.... If only SC could have a soultion.....there state laws mention if you are fishing or hunting...you can open carry.. I guess the fishing option is laughable...

SC doesnt honor non resident permits from any state, nor do they have a non resident permit that you get without owning property there> Thanks Phillip.. I guess myrtle beach is too dangerous to visit lol I kinda liked those nascar go karts!

Anybody else feelin the SC pain?
    Last edited by kf4uel; December 14th, 2006 at 03:43 PM. Reason: thanks phillip

Quote Originally Posted by kf4uel View Post
    If only SC could have a soultion.....there state laws mention if you are fishing or hunting...you can open carry.. I guess the fishing option is laughable...
    Well, you could go around everywhere dressed like this and open carry, but then you're right, that would be laughable....

"It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

SC does have a non resident permit

You have to own property here to get it. But they do issue a non resident permit.

They are also a friendly pass though state. And you can carry to and from a hotel room that you have rented as if it was your domicile. Also can have a gun in the Glove box, console or behind rear most seat, not locked and can be loaded. Without any permit.

Well that makes things more friendly...for most of the places and supported that im wearing trunks lol would be off limits anyways... Travel at night was the biggest concern, and carryin up to the umpteenth floor of the hotel wheres theres all the concrete nooks and crannys especially at 3 or 4 am.

You may also have a weapon in a Rest Area. Of course you cannot conceal carry it there without CWP but its not against any law for it to be in your glove box, console or behind rear seat. And can be loaded and not locked into such areas either.

I don't exactly recall the conditions of carry into the motel rooms, I believe it could even be open carry, to and from room. I would, to avoid any unesscary hubbub carry it concealed for that length of trip in and out in a small bag or pouch myself. Thats normaly how I do it anyway. Still fairly available but just hidden from view.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Car to Motel Room

In SC you can carry the firearm concealed from your auto to your room. That doesn't mean you can take a 100 yd or 50 mile side trip in the process. But to get from your car to your room you can conceal it.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Links