MI law question 10 rd mags?

This is a discussion on MI law question 10 rd mags? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I took my ccw class a few weeks ago, and a friend of mine took his last weekend. We both heard opposite when it ...

Thread: MI law question 10 rd mags?

MI law question 10 rd mags?

Okay, I took my ccw class a few weeks ago, and a friend of mine took his last weekend. We both heard opposite when it comes to the legality of 10+ round mags in this state. He heard anything that holds over 10 rounds was illegal, when I heard that you could have as big clips as you want. I remember the discussion very well that we had in my class, because one guy was saying he wanted to get a 20rd clip for his glock .45, and the instructor said it would be legal to carry, but pretty stupid cause then you'd look like you were up to something.
    So, who's in the right? I've looked through my firearm law book and either passed it, or its not in there.

2. Remove Ads

no limit on mag capacity here if you got a mag that holds 50 and you can hide it for ccw go ahead

again you would look goofy with the 33 round 9mm glock mag and more like you were up to something

but its legal

Thats what I thought, thank you.

Old school.

They use to be illegal to buy new back in the Clinton days. But you could still own one or more.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by falkon View Post
    Old school.

They use to be illegal to buy new back in the Clinton days. But you could still own one or more.
    +1

If ten + mags were illegal, then Jays just broke the law by selling me three 15 round mags for my Beretta 92.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    Okay, I took my ccw class a few weeks ago, and a friend of mine took his last weekend. We both heard opposite when it comes to the legality of 10+ round mags in this state. He heard anything that holds over 10 rounds was illegal, when I heard that you could have as big clips as you want. I remember the discussion very well that we had in my class, because one guy was saying he wanted to get a 20rd clip for his glock .45, and the instructor said it would be legal to carry, but pretty stupid cause then you'd look like you were up to something.
    So, who's in the right? I've looked through my firearm law book and either passed it, or its not in there.
    Just a quick comment--they're "magazines" or "mags", not "clips".

A clip is something used to charge a magazine, whereas a magazine charges the gun.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    A clip is something used to charge a magazine, whereas a magazine charges the gun.
    Except, of course, for the M-1 Garand clip, which goes into the gun clip and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    Except, of course, for the M-1 Garand clip, which goes into the gun clip and all.
    Ah, one of the finer concealed carry weapons...yea...
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    You'll have to excuse me, you notice I refer to them as mags most the time. It's a bad habit of calling them clips that I'm trying to quit, just if I happen to be typing real fast and not thinking I might just call em whatever comes out my head first.

HK USP upgraded to 12 + 1 as soon as the Clinton ban ended.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Links