Yellow to Red in a blink

Yellow to Red in a blink

This is a discussion on Yellow to Red in a blink within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night my son and i were sitting in the computer room at our house. All of a sudden my Son said "Dad look" I ...

Thread: Yellow to Red in a blink

Yellow to Red in a blink

Last night my son and i were sitting in the computer room at our house. All of a sudden my Son said "Dad look" I looked up to see a lazer hitting the blinds of the window we were sitting in front of. Both of us hit the floor and crawled out of the room.
    We went to another part of the house to peak out of some blinds,I found that the lazer was coming from the house directly behind mine from the second floor, the room from witch it was coming from was dark.Not seeing who was doing this I called the police,(only took them 45 min. to get here)
    After talking to the cops they went over to the house,it ended up being a kid playing around.
    I learned a valuable lesson that night. Always keep your gun on your side.When we saw the lazer the first time,we hit the floor and got out of the room.That was the right thing to do,my gun was sitting next to the computer I had to go back for it. Everybody thinks they have a plan,but once that adrenaline dumps who knows what could happen
    LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE "GRAVE" SAFELY ,IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY.BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING "HOLY S@#$...WHAT A RIDE"

I had a similar situation four years ago in Oakland, Ca. I was waking out of a supermarket about eight at night with a bag of groceries in each hand. As I approached my car I noticed the red dot dancing on my chest. I freed up one hand and got the police on the phone, then gave them the address and location the laser was coming from. They came in about three minutes. I sat in my car till the police cleared the house. It turned out to be a kid playing with a pointer but it could have been anything.

Assistant Administrator
    Laser pointers are so common now - they have become popular playthings, but probably many kids do not connect those with gun mounted laser grips as we do.

It would probably be disconcerting for any of us these days to see a spot on or near us, so a reaction is not too surprising tho I'll bet the cops are well p'd off at calls for these things.
    my gun was sitting next to the computer I had to go back for it
    Not something that would occur if gun was still on the person - mine stays put all waking hours even at home.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hey, at least you reacted and learned! Most sheeple would say "Oh, look at that! Let's go see where it's coming from....." and walk into trouble.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
    Yellow to Red in a blink. All of a sudden ... I looked up to see a lazer hitting the blinds of the window we were sitting in front of. I learned a valuable lesson that night. Always keep your gun on your side.
    Yup. It's that simple. Heck of a lesson. Glad you weren't crosshaired.

Carry: always.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That's why I carry at home untill I go to bed.

Nice avatar, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Hey, at least you reacted and learned! Most sheeple would say "Oh, look at that! Let's go see where it's coming from....." and walk into trouble.

I agree, at least you reacted and DID SOMETHING. It's better to have treated this as the real deal, then just assume it's a kid with a laser pointer. Even, walking over to the blinds and closing them, and quickly leaving the room to call the police is better than sitting there. Hell, at least you now know you won't react like a deer in the headlights when trouble arises.

The minute you assume you are untouchable, is the minute the bad guys gain the advantage.

Thanks guy's for the imput I have learned, right now i'm on the comp. "obviosly" guess what on my side (G-35)
    LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE "GRAVE" SAFELY ,IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY.BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING "HOLY S@#$...WHAT A RIDE"

I Agree...

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Poor sheep...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I had that happen to me as well. They pointed one through my living room window.
    I went to another room of house that was dark, broke out the NVG to "acquire" my target and returned the favor with the laser from my Sig 220...off the weapon.
    They were two kids hiding in the shadows in their front yard. It was fun to see their reactions when they were made :-)

Hadn't had the laser aimed at me yet. Thought you did the right thing though.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

We had a dumb*** do this about 4 yrs ago to an off duty narc officer and well let me tell ya the outcome wasnt quite so peaceful. The indiviidual wasn't killed but he had two rds of .45 cal dumped into his glueteus maximus. I guess thats what you get for hiding up in a tree pointing laser pointers at people. Something along the lines of "Don't be such a sore a**ed loser" was said to him by a corrections officer after his day in court obviously he was quite known to the local PD guys, he was arrested for a bench warrent after he received "treatment" from local hospital.

The park we used to go 4th of July,area really gone down hill. Few years ago walking out to car w/wife & kids I had the red dot pop up on my chest, was LEO at the time. Wannabes BG stopped laughing and apologized pretty quickly when I reached inside my jacket. No I did not pull my pistol,had just got my grip when I realized that it was pointer. They saw the badge on my belt that was in front of the holster said 'sorry officer' and ran away. Before that the bride would once in a while ask why I'm carrying in a certain situation. I replied always. Now she just pats my hip and says 'just making sure.'

Links