Your Walmart ammo situation

This is a discussion on Your Walmart ammo situation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Still the 3 box limit here. Never any .22, which I don't shoot anyways. They usually have enough in everything else. I shoot .40 now ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Your Walmart ammo situation

Still the 3 box limit here. Never any .22, which I don't shoot anyways. They usually have enough in everything else. I shoot .40 now and I'm buying .45 now because I've got one coming. The other local ammo spots have everything but .22 also.

2. Remove Ads

Just got home from Walmart. They only had a few boxes of Winchester white box .40. All others gone.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

Mine gets stocked about every 4 months. They had about ten boxes of 100 rd WWB 9 MM last week. I grabbed a box for my brother. It'll be gone by now & no new stock for months.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

There are usually lots of empty spots on the shelves, but they've had 9mm, .45 ACP, and .40 SW the last few times I've been in. Wasn't looking for .22 lr, so I don't know about that. We are still on 3 box limit here.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

VIP Member
    The Wally world here in SE Wisconsin have lots of shot gun "gun club" They have a few boxes of over priced 40, sometimes .223 or .308, never 22lr or 9MM
    I guess when it comes in people buy it up fast as they can
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Lots of everything. Three box limit, however.

Can't find any decent bulk 22lr copper plates CCI at walley world or anyplace on the net here on Earth . But hopefully this bubble will burst soon . Read about this online at Forbes and seems Olin is building huge ammo plant in Alabama (?) No way that 22lr can stay so scarce/expensive for too much longer - don't make economic sense ! It's mass produced and nothing inherently expensive is involved . I hope its sooner than latter cause my supply is getting thin and I am not paying these panic prices!

Same in SLC

Went to a Walmart yesterday, had the same experience. Ive been looking for WWB in .380 for months, since its always been reliable in my PPK. They had 5 hundred-count boxes in stock. I asked about limits and was told no limit on purchases, so bought 200 rounds.

VIP Member
    Hit or miss here in SW Ohio, but still better than 6 months ago. 9mm and .22 is what is really hit or miss. .40 and .45 are fairly consistant in being on the shelves. Lots of .223/5.56.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Last few times I was in Wally World, I didn't even check...
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

The Walmarts I go to in a Aurora and Centennial Colorado have stacks of everything except 9mm and 22lr. 9mm isn't uncommon but it doesn't stay on the shelves all day. You still pretty much need to be there when they open a shipment to get 22lr. Regular prices though. Even 38sp and 357sig are back on the shelves. Not much defensive ammo but there never was much of a selection of that at Wmart anyway.

In fact, they all seem to be overstocked with 5.56 now. Maybe because Cabelas keeps having sales on M193 for $8.50-$8.99 while Wmart keeps there price at $10.50-$10.99 per 20.

Still 3 box limit.

Except for shot gun shells,They can`t keep ammo in stock. I`M trying to stock up on 9mm, I guess everyone has the same ideal where I`M at :(.
    NRA Member! Give an inch, they will take a yard.

Hit and miss here in west Tenn.The clerk tells me you got to be in line for 22 LR. Also 9mm and 380 are spotty.
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

Our two local Walmarts are much better stocked than earlier this year. There is always shotgun, rifle, .40 and .45 on the shelf. If you want .22 LR you have to be there at 07:00 to see if any shipment came in the night before, but you will never find it just randomly stopping by later in the day. 9 mm is hit and miss depending on the size of their delivery. I have gone in there as late as 08:00 PM and found the shelves pretty well stocked, and other days nothing. I don't have a .380 acp, but that seems to be the one common caliber I never see on the shelf. During the drought I would go in early, but haven't felt it is necessary anymore.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srings View Post
    Hit or miss here in SW Ohio, but still better than 6 months ago. 9mm and .22 is what is really hit or miss. .40 and .45 are fairly consistant in being on the shelves. Lots of .223/5.56.
    It's about the same in NE Ohio.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links