Does Anyone Carry 2 Fullsize Guns

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Carry 2 Fullsize Guns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I dont usually dont even carry a BUG Just carry one and 1-2 mags.. Ive read people Carry 2 but never a fullsize.. But today ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Carry 2 Fullsize Guns

I dont usually dont even carry a BUG Just carry one and 1-2 mags..

Ive read people Carry 2 but never a fullsize.. But today at the range i saw a Guy carrying 2 fullsize guns.

One was a 1911 Colt Govt size and the other was a 6" Colt Python. I thought it was quite wild and asked him why.

He said he would use the python for the longer shots if need be and then switch to the 45, Also said at 55 longer site radius is a much.

Also told me he didnt plan on getting into a fire fight but figure switching from the Python to 1911 would eb faster than to reload and he really prefered the Python over the Auto...

Something to think about i guess...

I have thought of carrying 2 fulsize 1911's But afraid if i was in a fight and had to shooot someone i would be seen as like a Chow yun fat/John woo Film wanna be ..

Anyone thoughts i would like to hear Stories and your thoughts

I carry one full-size gun, and though I don't have any problems and am quite comfortable with that, I simply can't imagine carrying TWO of them. I'm considering a KelTec or other mousegun, but I'm even on the fence with that. Do you KNOW how much other crap I have on me lol?? God forbid I ever fall into the water.....I'd sink.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

Forgot to put in there carried the python ina shoulder holster and carried 2 1911s in summer

DC Founder
    I just carry one and believe that is enough for me right now. I could see carrying a second one (a bug) if I could find one I really liked, but probably never carry two full sized gun unless I was just going to the range. Buying pants two sizes larger instead of one would just be too much for me to bear.

After pondering the thread on carrying spare magazines a bit, I have started carrying a spare in my front or back pocket until I can find a good mag carrier.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Ive got a pair of pants that have a pocket just right for carrying my 33 round glock mag :) Like you i cant find a good mag carryer i like.

Two is do-able in my case without any real problems, but I'm the size of the average NFL lineman. My big suggestion is to carry one cross-draw on the same side as the other if you're worried about pants size. It makes it a bit more practical.

I always have the Sig 226 sitting there with me, and a S&W 296 in the front pocket. It's close enough to a full-size gun to count. If I'm in the mood, a second 226 or a 1911 come with as well.

Good belt + right build + right holsters make anything possible.

Then again, I can fit a Carbon 15 in a shoulder rig under my fisherman's vest. :)

Im a Big guy but dont think i could get away with a Carbon 15 in a shoulder rig.. In fact i dont know anyone who can...

I bet the talk about what ya pack around the campfire turns real intersting when you bring that up ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Im a Big guy but dont think i could get away with a Carbon 15 in a shoulder rig.. In fact i dont know anyone who can...
    Anybody about 6'6" or taller can usually get away with it - a friend of mine at 6'4" almost can but the recoil tube crams up a little high and he looks he has a boil on his shoulder.

I bet the talk about what ya pack around the campfire turns real intersting when you bring that up ..
    On the times I've done it, which is mostly rare and for the hell of it, I get really funny looks if I flash open the vest. :)

I've heard of people who are better at concealing things than I am who pack two of a midsize gun, like a Glock 30 just to name an example, or two of the same compact gun, like a Glock 36 for instance. This makes a lot of sense to me actually even though it seems like it would be very cumbersome to keep them both IWB.

I have also often seen or heard of people who carry 2 different versions of the same size gun IWB, one full size or midsize and one compact. For instance, a Glock 30 and a Glock 36. I suppose for someone used to doing that, two full size pieces under a good cover garment could be do-able. I think it seems even more likely if it were a pair of single stack automatics. I wouldn't want to fathom it with a revolver as I think the thickness of the tool would be almost more of an issue than the length.

Can a trend of two full size pieces be long behind? I personally would like to have two carry pieces that complement each other in any eventuality, but two full size pieces is just too much for me!

Lead Moderator
    I care a BUG and a primary. It seems a revolver to a auto would be a bad idea. Why switch from 1 type to another. My carry guns are similar and the safeties funtion the same way. easier to operate in high stress situation. In most senarios 1 gun and 3-4 rnds are the max that should be needed.

Actually I can understand why someone would want to carry both formats. I think I might eventually. Revolvers and autos both have advantages and I practice with both.

Plus, in the really compact little guns, the autos tend to start looking better in comparison for the reason they're only as thick as their slide, and there's some really sweet little autos out there like the various Kahr models, which I am infatuated with. I consider myself a revolver guy, but I wouldn't mind having the option to switch between the two tools at all.

are Kahr's reliable??? I am a devout 1911 guy but I have seen a few Kahr's that have peeked my interest.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

They sure seem to be. They get rave reviews. I think one day when I can afford to throw down six bills on a brand new gun I may get one. Right now I kind of limit myself to things I can get for $400 or less. I like to dream of my first over $500 piece though and that may be it.

It's a good thing I don't make more money or I'd have too many guns, if such a thing is possible.

I will slow down eventually and start buying new higher quality stuff, the problem is I simply don't have the better part of what I consider to be a complete collection so I am buying all the inexpensive stuff first! :D I hope to get a real gun security storage container this summer and a SAR-1 this winter and that should be enough money spent on guns this year.

I'm the classic champagne taste on a beer budget kind of guy. But the way I look at it, the Smiths and Ruger I actually own are worth far far more than the entire stock of any given gunstore because they're actually mine. That's great if some other guy has a rack of beautiful custom AR-15's and the like, but a Norinco SKS in the hand is a heck of a lot more useful to me.

Thumbs up Two

Often carry two full size or almost full size guns, plus a get off of me gun.

Colt Commander, strong side right and P7M8 IWB left. S&W 642 right side pocket. Sometimes two BHPs, two 1911s, two N frame S&Ws. At times I carry a pair of P7s.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC135
    Colt Commander, strong side right and P7M8 IWB left. S&W 642 right side pocket. Sometimes two BHPs, two 1911s, two N frame S&Ws. At times I carry a pair of P7s.
    Man if you can carry all that what kind of suspenders do you wear Ti? :smily1065

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links