Defensive Carry banner

Thanks Tim @ CC Mag

12K views 108 replies 35 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·
Tim @ CC MAg

I got my complimentary issue of Concealed Carry Mag (The color one) Very nice and I am so impressed with his customer service.

I am going to get a subscription for my house as well as one for my Father-in-law.

~A

#28 ·
Why must we always see the firearm in an isolated or pseudo military/LEO context?

I've long had this idea for a series of photos of ordinary people holding their guns in various contexts like offices, hospitals, factories, retail stores with a caption like: "Hello. My name is Don. I'm an educator. And this is my gun." And then a short blurb about why that person carries.

#30 ·
I think that Lucky's post, and the others, (Speedo suggestion excepted) would accurately portray the average permit holder. I think drawing/pointing occasionally is okay, but not the norm for most of us that carry. I have been surprised at the number of permit holders that are confined to a wheelchair but under closer examination makes perfect sense. I am sure many BGs look at them as "easy marks." I love surprises. :wink:

#31 ·
Great Idears So Far ~ Here Is Another One.

I would like to see a nice cover photo of a neat, clean looking female (not necessarily a bombshell fashion model type) in a respectable "classic" gun shop setting and standing in front of a friendly, helpful, salesperson while making her first defensive carry firearm purchase.
Maybe a few different firearms on the counter top...a revolver & a couple of semi~autos.
That would a super worthwhile "reality based" cover if it was photographed correctly.
So many women are seriously contemplating carrying these days & it would help make "buying a firearm" seem more normal. Just Like Regular Shopping! :wink:
It would also have the added advantage of being a good cover for a husband to show a wife ~ male friend to show a female friend and might act as a good push (in the right direction) to some females that are still sitting on the "Should I Or Shouldn't I" carry fence.
Just a thought.

#32 ·
Thanks!

Wow. Great ideas so far. Thanks to all. QKShooter, your idea about the woman at the gun shop is excellent. I think for the next cover, I'm going to try to get a shot of a woman holding her 1.5 hear old kid in her left arm and then revealing her holstered pistol with her right...I do like the idea of everyday people in their everyday outfits just carrying.
Thanks again.
Tim

#34 ·
I'd suggest presenting the persons in the photos in a smiling or otherwise friendly demeanor. Campaign ads always shows their candidate smiling, while the opponent is depicted frowning or in some unflattering expression. It wouldn't hurt our cause to have your covers showing people that look like they should be your friend and neighbor. Also, if you could feature some "attractive" sidearms in quality leather gear, it might give more of a "fashionable" as opposed to "tactical" look, especially if you stay with leather colors other than black. Even though the magazine focuses on concealed carry, some shots of quality gear carried openly might look nice.

IMHO, illustrating methods of concealed carry (other than the obvious) on the cover might best be avoided. Although none of the methods are super secret, why give away the fanny pack or ankle holster to the otherwise clueless? At least make them buy the magazine to learn more.

SSKC

#35 ·
I suggest a concealed carry map with Shall Issue States in green, discretionary issue states in grey, and the other four in a nice Communistic bright red with a yellow star representing the state capital.

#38 ·
Tim when i saw your response i quickly went to my collection of your magazines and what do you know,there Betty.I think you are on the right track with your magazine and showing and writing about the common everyday citizen and especially the "LADIES" is smart.Women need to know that the so called gun crowd "is not" a men's only club.Their input is needed,besides that they are a lot more appealing to look at than us knuckle-draggers. Keep up the good work.

#40 ·
Tim, I like the covers, the folks look like everyday people. Are they models? Could you use some of your past profile subjects? That would put a real life touch to the covers I think.

#41 ·
Tim,
I have a bunch of personal gun images, most of which can be at your disposal free of charge. Most don't have people in them, but they are great for filler. I can also take photos for you, too.

And I'm more than happy to pose, too.
How about a shot of an attempted mugging as I try to get into my vehicle? :biggrin:

#51 ·
Maria D'Amato told me by e-mail that all back issues are still available @ $5.00 each. That's the introductory (premiere) issue, & Volume 1, issue 1, 2, 3, & 4 & Volume 2, issue 1.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.