Defensive Carry banner

Thanks Tim @ CC Mag

12K views 108 replies 35 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·
Tim @ CC MAg

I got my complimentary issue of Concealed Carry Mag (The color one) Very nice and I am so impressed with his customer service.

I am going to get a subscription for my house as well as one for my Father-in-law.

~A

#102 · (Edited)
I know we all want kids to learn about the shooting sports. I am behind that concept 110% as I am sure you all are too. I just don't want that, or anything outside the scope of Concealed Carry, to become the focus of this magazine. I like it dedicated to this one issue. It is unique in that respect and it has so far done an excellent job of covering that issue.

If I want to learn about rifles there are many good magazines on the market I can turn to. If I want information on hunting or shotguns, ditto. I am sick and tired of the Wallmart approach to everything. In-other-words, one store that tries to cover everything but is an expert on nothing. Concealed Carry Magazine has tried to be a source on this issue and has done a good job so far. Stick to it is all I am saying.

#103 ·
I have to say that the cover caught me by surprise a bit when I first saw it -- I usually peek at the website when I know a new issue is on its way...

I don't mind it and I don't think it is indicative of any type of change in the focus of the magazine. When I pitch article ideas to Tim he is always cognizant of the mission.

That being said, I think the occasional article relating to things like education or home defense are sufficiently similar for a smattering of coverage.

When you start to see articles on Old West Sixguns and Proper Loads for Deer Hunting -- then we may have a problem! :)

#104 ·
Ok! Ok! Ok!

Don't worry, the focus of CCM is not going to change. It is a challenge to come up with good cover photos, so when this picture from Kathy Jackson came through we thought, "Why not put it on the cover?"

Now I admit it has nothing to do with carrying, but isn't it a great "gun culture" shot? To me this picture says, "Good Moms teach their kids about guns so that one day they'll grow up and carry!"

Wait until the next issue. The cover photo was submitted by one of our subsribers! It looks fantastic. Also P95Carry just sent me some really good pictures that may wind up on a future cover as well.

Bottom line... We really appreciate the feedback!

#105 ·
:smile: Thanks Tim, just didn't want to as DDGATOR said to,
see articles on Old West Sixguns and Proper Loads for Deer Hunting
in an excellent magazine on concealed carry. :smile:

#106 ·
My issue has finally arrived this morning. I was able to sit down at the table over a plate of roast beef hash, grits and eggs... and read the whole issue from cover to cover.

One of the things that I like about it is something that it doesn't have. "Continued On Page..." Sometimes you do have it but the continued is just on the next page and I don't have to go hunting for the last part of an article. I've always hated that about some gun magazines... they put the content of the magazine as second fiddle to the advertisments in the magazine. It makes reading it cover to cover impossible because you have to keep going back and forth. CCM, you can really read it cover to cover and I like that.
Reading is a dying art in the USA... When even magazines have to break up an article into bites, that's sad. I like some meat to my reading. Something I can really sink my teeth into. CCM has that. Still has it. Had it from the beginning, and it's still getting better. I'd be a subscriber even if I wasn't contributing my little .02 worth. And after reading the related article, I think the cover was a perfect choice. And that photo with all the kids... that was just delightfull. I've got 5 boys of my own... so seeing a pack of grinning kids is one of my life's joys. Good job.

#108 ·
I have not read that yet. I just received my magazine and I always flip through the magazine and then start at the front and read each article that interests me. On my current schedule I should be there late tonight or tomorrow night. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.