Defensive Carry banner

Thanks Tim @ CC Mag

12K views 108 replies 35 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·
Tim @ CC MAg

I got my complimentary issue of Concealed Carry Mag (The color one) Very nice and I am so impressed with his customer service.

I am going to get a subscription for my house as well as one for my Father-in-law.

~A

#3 ·
And my Father in Law is going to love the subscription as well. He has a piece of property similar to F350. 15 acres in Ohio where you can shoot to your hearts content. He is trying to configure a pulley system so he can shoot from the confines of his hot-tub. JK, but he has toyed with the idea of a motorized pulley system.

~A

#5 ·
Bud send him an e-mail and ask for a complimentary issue, that will convince you one way or the other.

~A

#7 ·
anytime Bud.

~A

#8 ·
APachon said:
I got my complimentary issue of Concealed Carry Mag (The color one) Very nice and I am so impressed with his customer service.
This is driving me nuts! (not far to go!) I subscribed early in the month and am still waiting for my first issue. And after all the postitve comments, I can't wait. :icon_sad:

#10 ·
My wife is thinking about submitting an article. She loves the articles dealing with other women.

~A

#11 ·
rstickle said:
This is driving me nuts! (not far to go!) I subscribed early in the month and am still waiting for my first issue. And after all the postitve comments, I can't wait. :icon_sad:
Just have to add........ I didn't mean it was their fault, my mail service sometimes is a little lacking (Being polite here!). Anyhow I got home yesterday and there was an email waiting to check my smail address, and offer a direct sent copy.

Like someone already said......... Great customer service! :216:

#12 ·
I got my complementary copy yesterday. Thanks Tim – that was fast. Looks great, but I haven’t had a chance to read much yet.

#13 ·
How is it packaged?

To those of you who have received this magazine - does it come in an envelope or wrapper of some sort? While I would like very much to at least see one issue - I live in a small town, know the mailman (and his family), he knows mine, etc. etc. And while I'm certainly not ashamed of being licensed to CCW - I keep the number of people who know it to an absolute minimum. As far as I am concerned, "concealed means concealed" in more ways than one.

So does it come in a discreet plain brown wrapper - or, like my "NRA's First Freedom" and "Christianity Today" mags - is it just out there for all to see?

#14 ·
Yup I got the full color issue last week my self. It took me a day to get around to sitting down reading it (My reason magazine also came). The full color is great, and the articles are getting better all the time.

Revlar: My copy showed up as it always shows up just as is, no wrapper or envelope.

Its Friday and its time for a :a35: and a :cowboy:

#16 ·
If I remember, the first couple issues did have some sort of envelope or plastic sleeve, but I can imagine that it adds to the cost real fast, especially for a new venture.

If anyone wants it, I've got an extra copy of the issue that came with the Front Sight DVD.....I don't have a DVD player....

G
#18 ·
News stand sales

When is Concealed Carry Magazine going to start appearing on newsstands around the country. I keep looking for it but don't find it. I reckin I will mail in the card for a subscription so I don't miss any more of them. Do you have back issues available?

#19 ·
CCM on the Newsstands?

Hi Ridgerunner,
That is a good question. I've submitted CCM to a national distributor called Ingram Publications (they do Barnes & Noble & all the big bookstores). They've even accepted the magazine! Unfortunately, the newsstand sales thing is not too "small-publisher" friendly. It pretty much comes down to a money issue... They order 5,000 magazines and pay for only the ones they sell... six months later... plus they get a 55% discount... plus we have to pay for all the shipping costs.
Believe me, when we can afford to do it, we'll be on the newsstand. I just can't swing it yet.

#21 ·
One of my businesses is selling servicing computers. Ingram-Micro (a sister org to Ingram Publications) is the largest distributor of computer equipment/software in the US. And they are brutal to do business with from either side. They make a ton of money and neither the mfr or the Reseller make much on the deal.

They force the mfrs to eat the returns, which in the publication business means the copies not sold. The distributor takes essentially no risks on the deal.

Most of the smaller computer hardware/software mfrs choose to sell direct rather than deal with these distributors! I see no reason why small publishers would feel any different!

#23 ·
Need Help from Members - Cover Ideas

The toughest part of every issue is to come up with a good cover image. I would like to ask anyone out there for some ideas or concepts or even photos of what they'd like to see on the cover of Concealed Carry Magazine.

So far, we've stuck by the single rule that we always want a person and a gun on the cover. This rule comes from the idea that the magazine is not so much about guns, but rather the person carrying the gun.... make sense?

Aside from that single rule, we're open to pretty much anything. I'd like to stay away from the traditional "gun magazine" photo of gun with tactical knife nearby alongside some scattered ammo! :smile:

ANY ideas will be much appreciated.
Tim

#24 ·
ccm-tim said:
The toughest part of every issue is to come up with a good cover image. I would like to ask anyone out there for some ideas or concepts or even photos of what they'd like to see on the cover of Concealed Carry Magazine.

So far, we've stuck by the single rule that we always want a person and a gun on the cover. This rule comes from the idea that the magazine is not so much about guns, but rather the person carrying the gun.... make sense?

Aside from that single rule, we're open to pretty much anything. I'd like to stay away from the traditional "gun magazine" photo of gun with tactical knife nearby alongside some scattered ammo! :smile:

ANY ideas will be much appreciated.
Tim
Tim,
I think that it would be nice to see an atypical gun owner (i.e. non-stereo type) such as an older woman dressed in common garb with her cover garment brushed back exposing her sidearm to the camera. She should not necessarily be pretending to be responding to a threat but simply showing her sidearm calmly. This would reflect the tone of the magazine as an intelligent , thought out, publication rather than a reactionary, knee jerk rant venue. Most gun mags have the grimising guy in the photo vest with ballcap and aviator sun glasses brandishing his 5" 1911 (a gun that I love by the way) at the camera which is just plain crap and re-enforces the stereo-typing of gun owners as angry white men or cop "wannabees". I liked the one cover with the 1911 being held by what is clearly a woman's hand with a braclet. The cover picure should say "we are revealing-the-concealed as intelligent, responsible, people and the stereo-types are wrong so think again." A calm feel in the picture will imply you are a thinking person's publication.

#25 · (Edited)
Tim - I have given this thought and like what Lucky is thinking of.

I reckon there may be a good number of ''less usual'' person types to portray. The elderly is good - just a subtle glimpse of a nice rig and piece in place. The same would look good too on a guy with city suit - just pulled back enough to show - suggesting the ''professional'' class sorta guy (yeah, they carry too!).

I'd love to do some pics but fear that whilst my camera is good (Minolta DiMAGE A1) and versatile - it is only 72 PPI ... I think you need 300 IIRC. OTOH, if final pic was right for size and not needing reduction then perhaps quality would still be well adequate.

One other possibility - a guy in wheelchair perhaps - holding back jacket to show a sho rig maybe - again, helping spread the word beyond the stereotypical.

I'll keep thinking! :smile:

#26 ·
I like the basic layout you use now. I second the idea of using "nonstandard" people to drive home the point that CCW is for all of us. Let's steer away from the notion that the average gunowner and CCW holder is a moderately fit 25-50yo white male (a group I belong to, btw). Also, dress them up, dress them down, but don't dress them tacticool. Let them look like average joe on the street. Also, find a way to get rid of the "1000yd stare". Make them look friendly and engaging, like someone you WANT to meet.

A good example is my brother. He's overweight, partially handicapped, and sports a shaved head. He's incredibly funny, engaging, and intelligent (my daughter adores him). He doesn't look like the typical gunowner, but recently joined the NRA and bought his first gun, an AK, a few months ago.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.