Defensive Carry banner

Thanks Tim @ CC Mag

12K views 108 replies 35 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·
Tim @ CC MAg

I got my complimentary issue of Concealed Carry Mag (The color one) Very nice and I am so impressed with his customer service.

I am going to get a subscription for my house as well as one for my Father-in-law.

~A

#78 ·
Question for Tim

I've looked at the mission statement of the USCCA, and I hope this isn't a dumb question. Why do you think TV, radio and print advertising is the way to accomplish the USCCA's mission? What differentiates USCCA from other pro-carry organizations?

#79 ·
Hi Tom,
Great question. I think the USCCA's mission can best be accomplished by slowly changing the way the general public thinks about firearms, self-defense and concealed carry. We will expose your average "gun-neutral" American citizen to regular "mainstream media" and "non-traditional" advertisements that portray people like us in an appealing, responsible, and family oriented light. We'll help these "gun-neutral" Americans to realize that the concept of self-defense is powerful and liberating. We'll SELL the heck out of it!

In essence, we'll try and UN-DO all the the negative selling that has been going on for such a long time! How will we be able to afford this? Well, the TV ads probably won't happen for awhile. But we're already working on an AUDIO verson of Concealed Carry Magazine. This will be in the format of a 20-25 minute re-cap of each issue. It will be the perfect thing to give or send to a person to help them to understand the principles of self defense that we all so strongly believe in.

A lot of people ask me, "Tim, does the USCCA have any lobyists in Washington?" Well, we sure don't have any yet, and I guess I question the long term value of lobbying congress. The NRA sure does a lot of lobbying and they certainly get lots of bills passed into laws. That is great. I am a proud member of the NRA and at least they do what they say they're going to do. I think the USCCA can help the cause by doing even more.

Let me ask you a question. What will it really take for our country to recognize the ORIGINAL INTENT of the Second Amendent?

I'll tell you what it will take. It will take our country turning back into a country full of a majority of citizens who understand and believe in the values of self-defense, firearms, and in turn the concept of concealed carry. The only way to do that is by slowly educating our fellow "gun-neutral" American citizens. The NRA is doing a fine job playing defense but the USCCA is going to play offense. The USCCA will be a source of positive information that will help convince people that "gun laws" are worthless in reducing crime not to mention unconstitutional. When this happens, "anti-gun" congressmen will be as rare as an M14 totin' liberal.

Now I am sure that some of you are reading this and thinking, "Wow, this guy has his head in the clouds." Well, maybe I do. I believe it is better to struggle and strive for a lofty goal than to successfully achieve an easily attainable goal. The USCCA will live by this principle.

The USCCA will grow to be a very large organization. We will use our "gun-evangelism" message to teach others the value of self-defense and the value of the gun as the great equalizer.

Tom, I hope that answers your question. Thanks for the opportunity to talk about the USCCA. :smile:

#80 ·
Tim - good stuff. Only way to go is to ''aim high'' - tho the logistics are in some cases pretty daunting - certainly when it comes to fiscal matters.

But as ever - ''Outa little acorns - oak trees shall grow'' ..... that is the approach to follow, as you seem to describe.

You have as you are aware - allies here and tho we may not be able to do a whole lot in an obvious sense - it is at least another support base for you, even if quite small. There is a lot of uphill work ahead... or call it ''turning the tide'' too.

#81 ·
ccm-tim said:
Now I am sure that some of you are reading this and thinking, "Wow, this guy has his head in the clouds." Well, maybe I do. I believe it is better to struggle and strive for a lofty goal than to successfully achieve an easily attainable goal. The USCCA will live by this principle.
Well, Tim, you won't hear that from me. I think we have to start somewhere. And it's not going to happen with us all just sitting around wanting it to. Rather than lobbying, which I agree isn't effective unless an organization is as large as the NRA, maybe you want to send legislators that are borderline or "on the fence" a copy of the magazine and some background material including defensive statistics, the number of permit holders in the various states, the small numbers associated with crimes committed by permit holders, etc. By doing that you would be their source of material, and the magazine would show that permit holders really are, average law-abiding citizens that have a concern for the safety of their family and themselves.

I applaud you for your efforts, Tim and think you will make a difference over the long term. Keep up the good work. :smile:

#82 ·
Thanks, Tim, for the thoughtful reply. Sorry to have posted a question and then gone out of town, like that.

I'm glad you said what you did. In my own experience, some of the graphics at a-human-right have provoked the most thought. When people actually think about it, engage their brains, they seem to shake off the cobwebs. The pat gun control answers ring hollow and don't seem to make as much sense in the face of stark scenarios. They can't help but project themselves into what they see.

What will it take for our country to recognize the ORIGINAL INTENT of the Second Amendment? Frankly, I don't think it will happen until we are again faced with a threat on our own soil, against which our standing military and para-military units are inadequate. Or, the darkest of dark thoughts, almost too difficult to ponder, until we are faced with a government we can no longer accept, and realize that we need to be as well-armed as our military and police. Of course, if we are talking original intent, then we must consider that the men who drafted it had personal knowledge of a time when the country had little or no standing army, when the Crown sought to confiscate the public stores of black powder kept for the common defense of its subjects, when every man needed to be as well armed as his adversary. And yet, the RKBA was a subject of debate even in the 1780's between those who remembered and those among the elite who already felt threatened by an armed populace.

Ask the citizens who had to defend their homes against the French, the Indians, the Rebel or Union raiders. Ask the pioneers who had to defend their homesteads in the absence of the army and local lawmen. They got it. Ask those who had to defend their homes and businesses in the riots of Memphis and Los Angeles. Ask those who come from behind the Iron Curtain. Ask those who are faced with the reality of choosing between fighting and being a good witness while they wait for the police. They get it. But for the country to come around, as a whole, the country will have to be in that position, I think. Until we are again faced with the necessity of taking up arms, it will not be perceived by most as a...necessity.

Don't get me wrong. Your goals are worthy. I think you will reach those who are willing to listen and able to think. Some, perhaps the majority, will not accept the truth until they have no choice and are forced, though, perhaps too late. Still, we have no choice but to do what we may.

#84 ·
Nice one - again!

Tim - got my new mag yesterday and have flipped thru just now prior to a fuill digestive word4word read when time.

NICE!! heck - the quality just gets better - great pics - and nice layout. I do hope subscriptions are increasing now - hate to think of all the folks who may be missing out on this.

Good to see George's good article on Springer Ultra and - another bonus - page 12, the article by Kathy - who is of course ''pax'' and moderator over on THR.

Thank you. :smile: You done good (again!).

#85 ·
Thanks Chris. There is a brief followup for this article in the next issue... but you can get the drift of that here:
http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3047
As much as a love Berettas, SIGs, and CZ's... there is just something about a good 1911 that you can't quite articulate... but it's like "there is the 1911, and then there is everything else." But that Ultra Compact is now on my "Most Wanted List".

#86 ·
Another great article by Mark Walters on the idiocy of "gunfree zones". The star of this month's issue, though, is George's review. I normally give little credibility to gun reviews in the gun magazines. They're always favorable . Well, obviously, George pulls no punches in his reviews. Keep up the good work, George.

#87 ·
How could I write a fluff piece about a gun that has problems or is known to have problems? I don't see how some writers do that and get away with it. I'm known on 4 or 5 gunboards, and my own website. If I was to write a fluff piece, I'd loose all credibility because you guys would know I was lying. That, and what if someone was to have purchased the gun for their CCW work on my recomendation... and then it jams up on them like crazy or when they needed it.
I like to sleep at night.

#89 ·
I'm sorry, the latest edition cover picture has got to go.

:confused: I have to ask, what does a kid shooting what appears to be an air rifle have to do with Conceald Carry? The first thought I had was, "oh no they are branching out to other areas of guns". It will no longer be a magazine devoted to concealed carry issues only. :frown:

I havn't read the article yet and I have no problem with the concept of it, but why on the cover? I can see this on the cover of almost any other gun mag., especially an NRA one but not Concealed Carry. I have to tell you, this is disapointing.

All I can say is please stick to what we have come to like best about your magazine. It deals with concealed carry only.

#90 ·
Teaching basic gun safety and marksmanship is pretty much a foundation activity for any shooting sport or activity... including concealed carry. So in essence, it has everything to do with concealed carry. The basic fundamentals learned there, work with .22 rifles and .38 Special J-Frames. Not only that, but any and every experienced shooter should take the time to teach youth about firearms and firearm safety.

I read in the news the other day that in Arizona school kids can take as an elective course, Gun Safety classes. This is outstanding and this how we will eventually win back our universal RKBA rights... which will in turn effect our individual rights for packing our concealed carry handguns.

I like the cover.

#92 · (Edited)
While I agree with George Hill about firearms safety and introducing a child to the shooting sports being very improtant, I do not see the need for this to be the cover picture on a magazine devoted to concealed carry. I don't think any of us are going to be carrying an air rifle or any rifle concealed, and I don't think anyone as young as the boy pictured will be able to obtain a CCW permit from any state in the union.

Like I said, this picture and article would be well placed in any of the NRA magazines, or some of the other shooting sports magazines, but I'm sorry I just don't see it's place in this magazine.

#93 ·
havegunjoe - I don't feel as strongly as you on this tho - as a technicality I'd agree it is not Carry per se.

However my thinking is that we need new blood in shooting and tho this pic has no carry flavor, it does satisfy my wish to be seeing kids brought in. They have to start somewhere and until old enough, can hardly be seen as ''junior carriers'' :smile:

I daresay Tim may have anticipated a mixed reception on this one but also remember that he was asking for suggestions or pics for cover use - seeing as it is (I am sure) quite a headache finding good material for same.

The one thing (on reflection) that would have been great - was to see Kathy on near side of her boy, sporting her carry piece - that would have made a very nice scene for me. I daresay tho this was already a pic she had available.

#94 ·
P95Carry I agree having Kathy sporting a carry gun would have made this picture acceptable for this venue. Without that, and I know everyone is pro teaching kids about guns, just as I am, I simply think it detracts from the main focus of this magazine. I'm just hoping that this is not a trend for the magazine or some new focus taking them outside of concealed carry issues. I want them to understand that if it is they will loose me as a customer. Let's hear from Tim on this issue.

#98 ·
So where is the line, Phil? Are we forced then to show close-ups of the kids feet for fear of alienating the shoe and sock industries?

Granted, this sounds like an innocent incidence, and quite frankly I'd like to see kids learn respect for firearms, along with respect in general.

The problem with specialty magazines and 'house organs' is that by stating an area of expertise, like "sheep castrating," I had better then be seeing castralto lambs if they're taking my money.

Same with any other informational vehicle. You purchase the 'interior decorator' issue of GQ to get some insight on autumn fashions, and you find 100 pages on the airline industry because the editor just lost his luggage. You've been hoodwinked.

There are many people who believe that accurate information has already been stifled because of the generous advertising pages secured by producers. If a rifle shows up in a handgun rag, can I assume that the client has said, "Feature my rifle or I pull my ad."

In the end, I think products of all kinds prosper because of uncompromising standards. Look at the business model of Dillon Precision. They replace anything, no question. Is giving away merchandise a shrewd move for customer service? Well, it must be--they are always expanding.

The example is minor. The principle is important. That is, unless you want me to go over your favorite knife and make it "sort of sharp."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.