Handgun owners irate over having names published online

This is a discussion on Handgun owners irate over having names published online within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dont know where this is but I believe this is somewhat idiotic of and likely purposely done by newspaper. Buty hey....accidents happen right?:thumpdown: http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/p...48/1018/NEWS02...

Thread: Handgun owners irate over having names published online

Dont know where this is but I believe this is somewhat idiotic of and likely purposely done by newspaper. Buty hey....accidents happen right?:thumpdown:

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/p...48/1018/NEWS02

Assistant Administrator
    Same stuff - different location -

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=18229

Lovely thing - privacy!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

This Is Very Poor Judgement...

on the part of the newspaper...but we already know that, don't we?

This has happened in several states...but in one place (just where, slips my mind right now) a gun owners group published the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of all the newpaper employees... in the same paper. Needless to say, the 'newspaper employees' were upset...fair for the goose and gander thing...

I've about had it with most newspapers in this country...not much different than a newspaper under a dictator...publish 'both sides?'...never...just the side of the secular progressives...(as O'Rielly would say...)

There are few news sources that deliver unbiased and balanced stories about ANYTHING.

Sad times...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Dont know where this is
    for the record this is in NY State. Rockland and Westchester Counties specifically

Look at the bottom of the paper, it is owned by GANNETT, just like the Argus LIAR. GANNETT IS BEHIND THIS
    "Old Marines never die, we just smell like it." USMC 71'-83'

Stay Safe

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    The Constitution gives people the right to own guns in this country, and it also gives people the right to know whether they own a gun or not
    So...... They published this as public service to remind people that they owned guns?

Yeah I think it was the 3rd ammendment that says "The right of the people to know whether they own a gun or not"
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Liberal Press at work. Here in FL they passed a law that keeps permit holders names private except for LEO....
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

QUOTE]"We did take it into consideration and did not publish your street address, which is also public information."[/QUOTE]

Did this guy not consider the fact that the phonebook has done his dirty work for him...or the internet...or various other sources that can give somebody an address they want. With guns having such a large illegal market it is like a guide as to which homes to break into in the city. This is a very good example of why even if you don't have children in your home, you need to have some sort of safe/lock box for you firearms. Unfortunately there are some gun owners who don't bother to think about it.
    My town in Indiana did a similar thing. They didn't post the names of permit holders, but they did print statistics of how many permit holders there were in each zip code in the county. Anybody who wanted to up their odds of finding a gun to steal on a B&E just had to read the paper that day (incidentaly this "news" of concealed carry in the town was apparently Sunday front page worthy, complete with a big picture of a Smith and Wesson Revolver.)
    What absolutely dumbfounds me is that the idiot "journalists" seem to actually believe that they are helping the community by pointing out that there are people who legally own and carry firearms. Nevermind the part of the point to concealment is to keep your 2nd amendment choice a private matter, they try to make neighbors afraid of each other for doing things that have been going on quitely for years. On top of that, they have made the community less safe, by inviting criminals to look at the information, and up the likelyhood that they can find an unsecured weapon.
    The uninitiated should be asking themselves who the real danger to the community is...firearms owners wanting their rights to guns and privacy, or journalists and their right to pulic information?

30,000 names just don't fall through the cracks. The editor must think we are stupid.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Glad I don't live there. What a bunch of idiots.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Kansas has already said that the CCW holders list will not be made public. As far as gun owners in general? All people need to do is check the phone book, just about everyone listed will have a gun in Kansas. l
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

The Cleveland Plain Dealer has been publishing the names of permit holders since we first passed our carry law. I think they hoped to intimidate us. They went to posting the lists on their website after a while (I think they didn't get the reaction they wanted.) I wrote the editor and cancelled my subscription and havn'tread their anti-gun rag since. They are known for printing slanted anti articles. There is currently legislation pending that will, I hope, stop this practice, which I think was illegal to begin with. My hope is that the paper will get sued and have to pay.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    So...... They published this as public service to remind people that they owned guns?

Yeah I think it was the 3rd ammendment that says "The right of the people to know whether they own a gun or not"
    Personally I think, in the interest of fairness of course, that the names of people who do NOT own guns should be published too.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Sponsored Links