Holster for Glock 27

This is a discussion on Holster for Glock 27 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New here and don't know if this is already a topic...bought my first gun yesterday so I'm new to everything. Are there any specific holsters ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RightsEroding

Thread: Holster for Glock 27

Holster for Glock 27

New here and don't know if this is already a topic...bought my first gun yesterday so I'm new to everything.

Are there any specific holsters I should be looking for or that you all would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

I love the IWB Comptac Infidel. I order mine with the belt clip and then also add the CTAC strut. Get the slide version so you can carry longer barreled Glocks in the future if/when you add to your collection.

I carry either my Glock 26 or 23 in this all day and love it (I also have one for my HK USP compact .40).

It does not move at all during carry and maintains the forward cant that you adjust it to and also does not have any leather "creak" as it is all polymer and draws lightning fast!

Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - The Infidel Holster

This has been my preferred holster for over 1 year now and i don't see myself changing to anything else for a very long time!
    Last edited by VonHoffmann; January 18th, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Where is that popcorn emoticon when you need it? LOL

Seriously; many have a drawer full of holsters which is kinda sad when you consider the cost of a good holster.

Did you want to carry OWB or IWB? Maybe both?

My advice? Go to a gun store and try several on.

In generality; get a holster that secures the weapon from easily falling out, protects the trigger and yet drawing out the weapon remains fluid and instinctive.

Personally I do not like IWB carry; only because it is uncomfortable to me.

Currently, now that winter is here, OWB is easy and comfy for me. I have a simple leather Galco that I cut down a tad.
    It is become so flexible over time, it rides very close to my body providing added concealment when wearing even a light jacket or un-tucked shirt.

Don't forget a good gun belt. Make all the difference.
    VonHoffmann likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Where is that popcorn emoticon when you need it? LOL

Seriously; many have a drawer full of holsters which is kinda sad when you consider the cost of a good holster.

Did you want to carry OWB or IWB? Maybe both?

My advice? Go to a gun store and try several on.

In generality; get a holster that secures the weapon from easily falling out, protects the trigger and yet drawing out the weapon remains fluid and instinctive.

Personally I do not like IWB carry; only because it is uncomfortable to me.

Currently, now that winter is here, OWB is easy and comfy for me. I have a simple leather Galco that I cut down a tad.
    It is become so flexible over time, it rides very close to my body providing added concealment when wearing even a light jacket or un-tucked shirt.

Don't forget a good gun belt. Make all the difference.
    Well said! I too have drawers full of holsters that i have tried for a very large pistol collection. It all comes down to trial and error. Unfortunately what works great for one person does not always work for everyone else.

It is kinda like asking....."I want a car......what should i get?"

Ok thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Sorry; meant to include a pic.
    Mine is exactly like this one except black in color.
    I also trimmed the lower portion a little for more concealment.
    If you wind up trimming like I did, a little CA glue will keep the leather from unraveling after you cut it.holster.jpg
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Take a look at this: High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters They make some really nice holsters priced from low to high in all different styles. They also have a really thorough section on how to choose a holster style, fit and a bunch of other information you'll find useful no matter what you decide. And they have belts, too. If you're new to this, you can't NOT learn something there! Plus the products are top-notch and the people are nice and easy to deal with. GO! GO NOW!!!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

After trying a jillion I have settled on Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe for my G27

I use a remora, which is a clipless IWB, I have 4 of them and I think that they are the bomb

The Official Store of the Original Remora "No Clip" IWB Concealment Holster

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. I have 3 recommendations:
    (a) Give yourself options: stock both an outside-waist-band [OWB] and an inside-waist-band [IWB] holster.
    (b) Get holsters specifically made to fit your pistol, not a nylon or leather bag.
    (c) If you want a holster within a couple of weeks, go kydex. If you want to wait for several months, go custom leather.

The best source I have found for kydex products is Comp-Tac : Top-Quality Firearm Accessories .

Cool pancake

I've got this on now with my G26
    Pro Carry 7

at 4 O'clock it is almost invisible under my sweatshirt.

Using the Galco King Tuk right now for the G27. A bit on the pricey side but a good holster. Good retention and overall solidly constructed. Very adjustable too which is a plus. Really seems to "suck" the gun up nice and close to the body for maximum concealment.

I've tried quite a few holsters for my G27, and have several that I use more often than the others. The one I probably use most is this Galco Triton Kydex. I found the darn thing in the bargain bin at my LGS. I think I paid $30 for it. It's actually more comfortable than my leather holsters, and the heavy plastic clip keeps it secure. The thing I like most about it is that I can easily and safely put it on and take it off while seated in my vehicle. I can't do this with my other holsters that have belt loops. This is just a website image.

triton kydex.png

Crossbreed Super Tuck. Great holster! I carry a Glock 19 comfortably.

Want to open the flood gates of opinion..... Just say I have a new gun and need a holster for it. If you want something inexpensive, and i have only heard good reviews on them Foxx Holsters
    Something not cheap but not expensive there is N82 (Nate Squared Tactical)
    And what I use 3 Speed Holster. Good Luck there are more really good ones at all different prices.
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

Links