Wally World Walk - Check

Wally World Walk - Check

This is a discussion on Wally World Walk - Check within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, everyone on DC has told me that since I have my cc permit I needed to take the Wally World Walk. Done without incident ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Wally World Walk - Check

Wally World Walk - Check

So, everyone on DC has told me that since I have my cc permit I needed to take the Wally World Walk. Done without incident and felt like just another stroll through the place.

So what's next?
    JoJoGunn, ginzo, squid86 and 4 others like this.
    Deaconswife

Now you just need your suspicionless stop by an officer because a 'concerned third party' called.

Send your Wally World Walk info (with pics, if you have any) to SIXTO to get your official DC certificate, use my name and get if for free...limited time offer!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Darn RET, last time I used your name I got charged double!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deaconswife View Post
    So, everyone on DC has told me that since I have my cc permit I needed to take the Wally World Walk. Done without incident and felt like just another stroll through the place.

So what's next?
    Didn't you say in an earlier post you had a gun show in the area this weekend? You could always go there and look for your next gun. Guns are one of those things you can never have enough of!
    Sister and gatorbait51 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Didn't you say in an earlier post you had a gun show in the area this weekend? You could always go there and look for your next gun. Guns are one of those things you can never have enough of!
    gatorbait51 and LimaCharlie like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Yes I did. Too much to do today, and tomorrow isn't looking any better. Husband had plans that I wasn't aware of. There's supposed to be another show first weekend in February; I've known about it for some time now and had plans of attending it.

My son-in-law wants to go this weekend, so maybe...but not counting on it...hubbies plans will probably take precedence.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Deaconswife

So what's next?
    Congrats. Whats next? Carry everywhere you are legal to do so....
    DanielC, Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Congrats on the "Wally Walk" Rite of Passage for members of the forum.

I still have the scars from mine but glad to see you came out virtually unscathed. It's a tough world out there, carry and carry often.

Last trip to Wally World the Greeter asked if I had any weapons. "No" I replied. She pointed to a box with all kinds of them and said "Here, take one, you'll need it.

Just kidding, but I do carry there quite often.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

So what's next?
    The park at the town square, with old ladies and babies galore. Run through a couple bare-fear MWAG calls, and you'll be set.

Next, I'd say is to simply go about your normal business. It is your normal business, from now on. Dressed with wallet/purse, keys, sidearm, spares ... just as you put on your shoes and socks. Non-threatening, normal and customary behaviors, regular destinations. Just, now you're well-armed. Don't forget the spares (mag, speed strips).

Welcome to concealed carry.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thanks.
    I don't understand all the hype about the Wally Walk, all you don't get that close to people for it to really matter. If I were to brush up against someone, it's none of their business what I have on my belt.

My bigger concern is being somewhere that I know the people, but don't want them knowing that I'm carrying. If they brush up against me or try to hug me and feel the gun, what to do then.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Deaconswife

Only been pulled over once in my life. My tags were about to expire, but I had the new ones home.

A concerned third party call? Not sure what that would be about.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Deaconswife

Feelin' like the wools trying to be pulled over my eyes.

LOL!!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Deaconswife

Thanks.
    I don't understand all the hype about the Wally Walk, all you don't get that close to people for it to really matter. If I were to brush up against someone, it's none of their business what I have on my belt.
    It's not Wal-Mart, per se. But it's the getting out and getting comfortable in busy, public places that's the key. Wal-Mart excursions generally involve oblivious folk, crazy folk, the young and the old, folks standing near you or right behind you in line. A reasonable test of one's fears and concerns, and often a test of handling the reactions of others. Not a bad test, really. Could be done anywhere with similar situations to contend with.

Sure, nobody's business but yours, in a sense. But as we're all citizens, it's equally every other citizen's right to take steps they deem necessary to be safe, and often that'll include requesting police involvement to resolve or check out, reacting badly by moving away or whatever.

Anyway. Mostly, newbies to carrying need to get over the nervousness of the first outings. Wally-World ain't a bad place to dispel those mostly baseless fears. But, any busy park or other retail joint will also do.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thanks ccw9mm for the clarification....

I wasn't nervous carrying at Wal-Mart, nor have I been nervous carrying to-date.

I guess it's due to my husband, son and son-in-law have carried for years. My husband has given plenty of sound advise, illustrations, options, council and what if scenarios.

My biggest concern came before I began carrying. That concern was where to carry: side iwb, aiwb, or biwb and what type holster was going to work best for me. Once that was determined the rest has been a simple part of daily life.

I am very comfortable cc'ing and doing so in very public places.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    Deaconswife

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links