Winter Gloves?

Winter Gloves?

This is a discussion on Winter Gloves? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Being my first winter of every day carry, I ran into something I hadn't considered. What do fellow cold climate people do with regard to ...

Thread: Winter Gloves?

Question Winter Gloves?

Being my first winter of every day carry, I ran into something I hadn't considered. What do fellow cold climate people do with regard to winter gloves? With my gloves on (and they are relatively thin), I can just get the tip of my finger into my DA trigger. I could probably fire but it would be a slower draw and less accurate.

I plan to practive with gloves but is someone doing something different?

Type in a search for "winter gloves" and you'll come across quite a number of helpful threads.
    Beretta 92FS

I Had a Similar Problem...

I moved to the Gunshine State...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tros View Post
    Type in a search for "winter gloves" and you'll come across quite a number of helpful threads.
    Yep, nevermind. Didn't see it b/c I didn't look under the gear section. This one aint bad: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...=winter+gloves

Mods, please close thread.

I'm lucky I guess - I don't wear gloves in the winter. My hands always stay nice and warm even when the temperatures drop.

But I know that they make gloves with half-fingers in them. Or even mittens where the ends fold back allowing bare fingers.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I moved to the Gunshine State...

ret
    +1
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaScout View Post
    But I know that they make gloves with half-fingers in them. Or even mittens where the ends fold back allowing bare fingers.

Try the hunting stores.

Cabala's
    Sportsmans Guide
    Just to name a few.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

No gloves

I only wear gloves when shoveling my driveway. I usually start my car about 10-15 minutes before I go anywhere, so it's plenty warm by the time I get in.

The only time I wear gloves here in Minnesota is when it's cold...er, I guess that's most of the time....

A week ago I did my annual startup with outdoor shooting with my usual gloves. I found a pair at Wilson Leather that lacked some raised seams that add girth, and with a thin cashmere lining they are the best I can do for gloves that minimize bulk and promote better feel for the trigger.

Some of my carry later this winter will be with a snubby in a pocket holster in strong side pocket of hipster length leather jacket, the pockets are cut just right for this method. That way I can peel off the gloves and pocket my hands when needed to warm them, or when in parking ramps or other places I feel the need to caress that model 36.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I have some old football gloves from nike that are my general driving gloves, I have shot in them and they are pretty reasonable to use. At work i have gloves that I cut the fingeers off so that I can handle things better, and for shooting fingerless might be better, I'll have to take them to the range and practice sometime. I would look into Ironclad gloves too, i use them at another job and they work well, they also have styles designed for LEO or military work.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I bought a pair of Blackhawk, S.O.L.A.G. with Kevlar. Great gloves.
    Bob
    Its always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
    NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 Gun

Quote Originally Posted by PapaScout View Post
    I'm lucky I guess - I don't wear gloves in the winter. My hands always stay nice and warm even when the temperatures drop.

I use glove/mittens when it is really cold (like below zero) and they work great. I also use leather gloves some times but generally just put my hand in the pocket. By the way, in the pocket is my pocket gun!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

practive, practive, and practive. that what you need to do.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Sponsored Links