Walmart

This is a discussion on Walmart within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been around alot of the forums and whenever somebody gets their permit somebody always says "Good go get nachos at Walmart and order ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Walmart

I have been around alot of the forums and whenever somebody gets their permit somebody always says "Good go get nachos at Walmart and order a Pretzel"? Am I missing something where did this orginate from and whats the meaning?

I know its a joke but ????????
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

I have no clue. I wouldn't shop at Wal-Mart if it were the last store on Earth.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Senior Moderator
    The point is that there is a lot of people at Wal-Mart. To get yourself familar with carrying in a busy place what is better than Wal-Mart. You will quickly realize that no one notices that you are carrying
    Last edited by pgrass101; December 21st, 2006 at 04:58 PM.

Since I just got my carry permit today, I will tell you what I was told.

I was forced to carry by the people of this forum!!!!!!

I had no choice in the matter!!!!!!!!!!

Sort of like pledging in college.......

Tomorrow I was promised I would learn the secret CCW handshake.

Seriously: I was told that it's a great place to jump feet first into the world of carrying. And the nachos are just a fun tradition to celebrate a succesful first day.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Like others have said, it's a good place to go out in public in front of a lot of people, buy some cheap ammo, and then get something to eat also in front of a lot of people.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Once you are legally allowed to carry a concealed weapon, put on your rig and go to Wal-Mart.

It's the quickest place you can get to and there is always a multitude of people around. After jumping through all of the hoops that CCW permit holders have to go through and, in most cases the long wait, the first thing you'll want to do is strap on that holster and head out the front door.

The nachos are a little reward for the trip. The closest super Wally world to me has a Blimpie's but nachos are available.

Good luck and welcome to the world of CCW.

You are also doing something WalMart does not allow, they have a nation wide policy against CCW. So when you do this it is like spitting in their face.
    I hate WalMart so it makes me laugh every time I do it. The worst thing they can do is ask me to leave, oh well. I do not buy anything from them period.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

I thought this was Walmarts "Policy"?

DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM

Subject: RE: Firearms

Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellance, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns.

The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately.

We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

Does not sound totaly against carry to me. Are you aware of anything more current?

Actually, Wal-Mart Is Just A Formality...

It's the parking lot where one needs a CCW...

Stay alert...stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Doesn't matter if it's nationwide or not, if it's NOT posted legally, and not against your state laws, then it's legal.

Some states have the clause about no guns where alcohol is SOLD.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

You are also doing something WalMart does not allow, they have a nation wide policy against CCW.
    No way. Walmart does not forbid concealed carry. They will in some stores ask you to leave if you open carry. It might upset other customers. At least that's the policy in any Walmart I have ever been in.

Being brand new today (yeah!), I was really looking for any signs banning weapons...

I didn't see any, so in I went.

I guess your mileage may vary....
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    Does not sound totaly against carry to me. Are you aware of anything more current?
    I open carry (legal in VA) and CCW at Wally World depending on my mood , the weather, and my clothing. I have never had anyone say word one to me there.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    The point is that there is a lot of people at Wal-Mart. To get yourself familar with carrying in a busy place what is better than Wal-Mart. You will quickly realize that no one notices that you are carrying
    what more do we need to say??
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    That's it. That's the deal. A plus is so many of the people there are completely oblivious to their surroundings, it gives you a chance to people watch as you realize nobody is staring at you and your gun that they really can't see.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links