Kansas Concealed Carry Who Is Ready?

This is a discussion on Kansas Concealed Carry Who Is Ready? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kansas starts issuing concealed carry licenses on Jan 1st. So how many of you Kansas residents are ready for the big event? Mike...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kansas Concealed Carry Who Is Ready?

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

Kansas starts issuing concealed carry licenses on Jan 1st. So how many of you Kansas residents are ready for the big event?
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Hi Mike,
    I took the class back in early Nov. and got my finger prints, paid my fees and turned in all the paper work in late Nov. The deputy (Shawnee County) said he thought the permit would be sent out in February. When I got my prints taken (on a Friday) I noticed that six others had gone before me that week. About one a day, I don’t know if that means anything or not. But I don’t think we are getting quite the turn out we expected. I know a few that will carry with out the permit since the gun charges if caught are only a misdemeanor and the costs involved are kind of excessive. Typical of Kansas to see just how much money they can get out of you.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    I'm locked, cocked, and ready to go. However, they still haven't sent out paper one yet. Sposed to start on the 18th. I called today, they said they were gonna be a little bit late, maybe start mailing tomorow. Yeah, right. Still waiting. They sure didn't drag their feet when it was time to take my taxes.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Training complete, application in, new gun and holster purchased, hundreds of rounds fired.

Altogether, this new hobby of mine has cost me over $1k and I haven't been able to use it yet.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

My class has been taken, paper work sent in and I have been carrying (for practice of course) for a while now. I hope that the new AG coming into office doesn't slow the process down any.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    Altogether, this new hobby of mine has cost me over $1k and I haven't been able to use it yet.
    Ditto

I did the training in July and turned in my app in early August. Bought another pistol, belt, two holsters, ammo, ect. I really wanted my letter by Christmas; I hate the wait.

Paperwork sent in, waiting for "The Letter". Holster and belt on their way.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

i hope lots of them are ready.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I know a few that will carry with out the permit since the gun charges if caught are only a misdemeanor
    Umm, mark555, the charges for a permit holder carrying somewhere he's not supposed to are a misdimeanor. Carrying without a permit is an entirely different thing. You might stress that to your friends or neighbors who are considering carrying without a permit.

In that case the law reverts to whatever the law is in the jurisdiction in which the violation occurs. Get caught in K.C. or Wichita and you're in heap big doo doo. I havent looked at those statutes in a while. Advise those folks you know.

IANAL and I could be wrong.

I'm ready too! I've been watching the mailbox like a hawk for that letter. I have my XD-9SC and HK USPc all cleaned up and ready. I asked for a light, holster and mag holder for Christmas...we'll see if I get them!!

I don't live in Kansas but my kids & grandkids do. I'm patiently waiting for Kansas to start moving on things. I hope the reciprocity issue is handled quickly too. It's a real pain to pull off the road and stow things everytime I'm getting ready to cross the border. In recent years I've really limited my trips to Kansas because of this.
    KJ

Member: NRA, GOA

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle" - Navy Seals

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Heckler,
    You could be 100% correct I have not looked into it as I went the 1K permit route like everyone else posting. Thank you and I will pass on the warning.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I took the class and got the paperwork submitted back in July. The wait has been a killer.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

I'm ready

Now the only thing is is the state ready? I hope so, hate waiting on "The letter".
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Sounds like you are all geard up and ready to fly. I know the wait is miserable. Like KJ mentioned I too live in Missouri and hope we get reciprocity in short order. I am in the Southwest part of the state and can be in Kansas, Arkansas and Oklahoma within 45 minutes. I can carry in all those states but Kansas. Good luck and hope it all goes smooth for you guys.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links