So...Who's got a M1A NM I Can Borrow!!!!

This is a discussion on So...Who's got a M1A NM I Can Borrow!!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; NRA and Springfield Armory Launch New M1A Match. $25,000 in Prizes Up for Grabs The NRA/Springfield Armory M1A Match will make its debut at the ...

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

NRA and Springfield Armory Launch New M1A Match. $25,000 in Prizes Up for Grabs

The NRA/Springfield Armory M1A Match will make its debut at the 2007 NRA National Rifle and Pistol Matches held at Camp Perry, Ohio. And it may be the most prize-rich High Power event ever. Springfield Armory has put up a total of $25,000 in cash and merchandise awards for the match.

"This is a unique arrangement, one that may never happen again," said Mike Krei, Director of NRA's Competitive shooting Division. "Springfield wanted to encourage more use of the M1A, and they were willing to sponsor all of the needed cash and product awards to make it happen at Camp Perry. So we worked together to create a brand new match that we are certain will be very popular. Not only will the match give current M1A owners a new competitive opportunity, it will stimulate renewed interest in a highly respected firearm."

"It's a natural progression," said Bill Dermody, Marketing Manager for Springfield Armory. "For many years, the M1A was the firearm of choice for rifle competition. It's fitting that for the 100th anniversary of the establishment of Camp Perry as the home of the National Matches, we are going back to our roots to use these rifles again."

NRA 1st Vice President John Sigler added, "Springfield Armory is to be commended for its dedication to Camp Perry. Their desire to play a major role in making the Camp Perry experience more meaningful for NRA's competitive shooting community sets an example for other individuals and companies to emulate in the future. On behalf of all NRA shooters, I want to thank Springfield Armory for stepping to the plate in a truly meaningful way and for their sponsorship of this truly unique event. With partners like Springfield Armory, NRA intends to make the National Matches at Camp Perry a truly world-class event, this year and every year."

The course of fire will be 50 shots for record at 300 yards on the new MR-65FC target, as follows:

5 sighters
    20 shots slow-fire, prone
    10 shots rapid-fire, prone
    10 shots rapid-fire, sitting or kneeling
    10 shots slow-fire, standing
    No alibis will be allowed

The breakdown of awards is as follows:

Winner-Civilian - $2,500 Cash
    Second-Civilian - $1,500 Cash
    Third-Civilian - M1A Rifle
    High Military - $500 and Springfield Pistol
    High Woman - $500 and Springfield Pistol
    High Senior - $500 and Springfield Pistol
    High Junior - $500 and $500 to Shooter's Junior Club

Remaining competitors - Lewis Class - depending on number of entries - $200 cash to 20 competitors
    Medallions - M1A match medallions to top 50 competitors

Special Drawing - "Beat Rob Latham's Score." All competitors who shoot a score better than Rob Latham will have their name entered in a drawing for a Springfield TGO pistol valued at $3,000.

General Competitor Drawing- All competitors eligible - three Springfield rifles and three Springfield pistols. Competitor number will be drawn.

NRA Gun Raffle - One engraved Springfield rifle and one engraved Springfield pistol. Proceeds to help offset volunteer expenses.

The match is tentatively scheduled for August 5, to be held right after the popular M1 Garand match, since it fits that vintage rifle venue. The 2007 NRA National Rifle and Pistol Matches are scheduled for early July through mid-August. Visit www.nrahq.org/compete/nm_campperry.asp for more information. To learn more about Springfield Armory, log onto www.springfield-armory.com.

NRA's Competitive Shooting Division is developing a complete package of sponsorship options for all its major championships. For more information, call 703-267-1502.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

you bet there will be some good shooters at that match.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

If I had a NM M1A i would consider going to Camp Perry in July and Aug. JUst for the fun of Compeating in a match that may be one of a kind.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I have been to Camp Perry several times,not to compete,but simply to observe and learn.

The competition between the branches of service as well as the civilians is fierce.

I have also had the privilage to go the Bianchi Cup several years,to act as a safety observer and scorer.

I would strongly reccommend all people that are interested in the shooting sports,or in bettering their own skills, to go to one of these events to watch and talk to the shooters. Same as the benchrest matches and others.

You will learn allot. You will get a chance to see just how good some of these people really are. ------

Lead Moderator
    AR's have dominated,I remember back in the early 90's very few shooters used AR's back then. Good times, but I was using a Garand.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links