How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry?

This is a discussion on How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ummm..none, because I don't play for that team. My boyfriend, on the other hand, doesn't currently carry, but is very interested in getting his permit. ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry?

VIP Member
    Ummm..none, because I don't play for that team.

My boyfriend, on the other hand, doesn't currently carry, but is very interested in getting his permit. His job does not allow him to carry, but his job is being an adult case worker for the mentally ill (schizophrenics, bipolars, manic depressives) and sometimes those housecalls are in unsavory neighborhoods. At least two of his clients have tried to commit suicide in the past two weeks, and some clients might be prone to violence if they go off their meds.

My sweetie is a big guy and can take care of himself, but there's always someone bigger and scarier... or better armed.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

No wife, no girlfriend(poor me)...but I do carry my LADY(S&W that is)!
    Jim
    Jim

My wife will not hesitate to carry her Taurus 84 .22lr with her around the farm. But she will not get a CCW, says that it is my thing not hers. She did seem open to car carry when I brought it up. I'll have to keep working on that one.

nope she just wont do it...i have tried to get her out to shoot but she just wont!!!!

mine does
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

When I first met the woman who would become my wife, our FIRST date was to church and our second date was to the range. If she hadn't liked guns, it would have been SeeeeeeeeeYA! But she does.

When we were married her dad got her a Beretta M84 in .380 and she hated it because it was not very accurate. She lusted after my Government model 45 but I wouldn't give up my baby....so the obvious solution was to buy her a Colt Combat Commander in 45 and put night sights on it. I got her a CCW permit, but she has let that lapse since we're usually together and I always carry. When she's "out with the girls" it's usually to someplace where it's against policy or against the law to carry anyway. But she knows what to do if bullets start to fly. Knows about cover and concealment, etc.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bellino
    No wife, no girlfriend(poor me)...but I do carry my LADY(S&W that is)!
    Jim
    You are the second one on the forum that carries a LadySmith. They are nice carry guns. I bought my wife a Taurus Model 85 which is sort of a clone of the LadySmith but she wouldn't carry it, or anything else. I eventually sold it.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

My Wife has been carrying since we were married <in1982> she's pretty comfy with the S&W 640 she carrys, <she retired her S&W 60 > , She's has an interest in wanting to shoot my P7's, so I think that may be her next Carry gun. Time will tell.

Bumper,
    My "LADY" is my constant companion when horseback in the desert....it just carries nice cross draw on horseback.
    Jim

My wife doesn't even think that I need to carry much less her. She doesn't care that I do but has no interest in it. I bought her the first gun she ever owned and that's all she's ever wanted. She also doesn't care how many I own though and I own enough for both of us (and then some). LOL

Mine does. Took a little convicing to get her to carry when we're together but she came around after some what I was taken out or there was several attackers talks.

My wife took the class with me and she carries, but usually only in her vehicle because her work has a no guns policy.

1952 - 2006
    My wife will not carry, she depends on me to do the protecting. She has gone shooting with me on a few occasions and did rather well with both 45's and 357mag. So at least she knows how to use them if she needed to in the home. The only reason she states she would use one of them is to protect the dogs. i guess everyone needs their reasons.
    Just for some humor, (sorry ladies) The only thing worse than a woman with a loaded gun is a scared woman with a loaded gun. I know I'm a terrible male chauvinist, but I'm old and it's allowed.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

DC Founder
    He hasn't been here long enough to have met up with Betty, me thinks :girlshit:
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

1952 - 2006
    Me thinks you are right Bumper
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links