How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry?

This is a discussion on How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My gf doesnt carry, she's not old enough. She doesnt shoot either, I've offered to take her shooting several times but she never wants to ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry?

My gf doesnt carry, she's not old enough. She doesnt shoot either, I've offered to take her shooting several times but she never wants to go. But she doesnt have a problem with guns or me carrying one or three.

2. Remove Ads

Wife carrying

My wife has her CCW. Went through the class with me and applied the same day I did. However, most of the time she doesn't carry, since she's usually with me. I carry most of the time I'm out of the house. I'd like her to carry when I'm not with her, but she's had trouble finding a purse that's really big enough for practical use and still has provisions for ready access to a gun. Any suggestions?

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Girlfriend carries
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

My wife carries. It was actually her idea about 10 months ago to get a handgun for HD and SD. We took our handgun education course together at SigArms Academy and both got our CCW. She now carries a Kahr MK9 in a pocket holster.

Great woman!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

My wife carries. Did our CCW class together, etc. She is probably more adamant about carrying than I am (well, maybe more pro-gun vocal than I am, since we both carry all the time).

My wife has her CCW, but hasn't started carrying yet. We gotta break in her carry gun (Firestorm .380).

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromSidney
    My wife has her CCW. Went through the class with me and applied the same day I did. However, most of the time she doesn't carry, since she's usually with me. I carry most of the time I'm out of the house. I'd like her to carry when I'm not with her, but she's had trouble finding a purse that's really big enough for practical use and still has provisions for ready access to a gun. Any suggestions?
    Joe, you may want to look into Coronado Leather. Here's the one my wife likes:http://www.coronadoleather.com/view.aspx?i=69&c=2&p=0

I would rather she carry on her person, but we couldn't find a method that worked for her. I'd rather have her carry in on her purse than not at all.

I finally talked my wife into taking the CCW qual course. Hope to do it all this summer after she's out of school (teacher).

The thing that finally cinched the deal was that under our state law, it is legal for me (as a CCW permit holder) to store my loaded pistol in the locked glove box. If for some reason, she has to retrieve my vehicle with it stored that way, and she does NOT have a permit, she could be charged if stopped.

Not very likely, but I figure that the class+permit fee is cheap insurance for what could be a very costly situation.
    Randy
    NRA Life Member

I posted on the first page that my wife car carried (legal here in Missouri without a permit); that was a year ago. Today she has her CCW and rarely goes out without it. Currently she carries my Grendel .380 but is wanting a light weight .38 with Crimson Trace grips.

Not too bad in 15 years went from liberal "guns bad" to "it's OK if you carry" to "I'm glad you carry" to "I want to carry".

Wife carries 24-7. Mother, 75, carries 23-6. Wife shoots "to stay in practice", Mom loves it.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

My wife doesn't, says if she did she'd shoot someone. My sister carries but won't get permit, because she doesn't want anyone to know she has a gun, figure that one out?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    My wife and my girlfriend both carry .... ermmmm oops lol

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Only one of them
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

My girlfriend is Ukrainian, living in Moldova. They don't have a Second Amendment like we do, so the short answer is no. She knows that I carry, and she's looking forward to learning to shoot once I bring her over here.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Talking

None of my wives or girlfriends carry.
    For God, Family and Country!

Wife carries S&W 12-2 .38 spc.
    Now that I started carring g27-she wonts to start
    carring my sig 239 .40
    I need to get her to the range for transition over to auto.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links