How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry?

This is a discussion on How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; my wife carries when she remembers to do so- Taurus Tracker, .357 Mag....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry?

my wife carries when she remembers to do so- Taurus Tracker, .357 Mag.
    An Honest Man Keeps His Horse Saddled

2. Remove Ads

girlfriend carries subcompact XD-9 everyday. she calls it her "Baby Gun"
    Kimber S/S tle pro

erh
    HighFever - None of mine do..!
    Sorry; couldn't resist...

Eric Howland
    Savannah, GA.

VIP Member
    My wife has her CCW and carries a Bersa .380 when travelling. She is in process of making a wardrobe transition so that she can carry all the time. She does not want to use a purse or other off body carry method. Since I work 3 nights a week we have rules about how she goes into the house, keeping the dogs in until I get home, and having her pistol on her hip when I'm not there. We took NRA training together and she wants to take the Personal Protection course next. She has really taken to shooting and we usually shoot together every week.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

All of 'em. All one. My wife. A Glock 26.

My wife has her CCW and only owns a Walther P-22. She's looking for a .357 though.
    She does carry sometimes. Probably would more so, if she had more than a pea shooter .22.
    She would carry my P-95 except it is just too big for her to feel comfortable concealing.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

PJH
    My wife talks about getting her CCW, and maybe keeping a gun in the car. There's a possibility we may be moving to a different state in the next 6 months or so, so her view is, "Why not wait until we decide so I don't have to go through the process twice?" I can't really argue that I guess.

She is open to shooting, and goes to the range with me sometimes. She will go to gun shows with me, although I suspect it may be to control any impulse buying. I usually have her pick up several different models at the shows to see if she finds anything she likes.

Her favorite last weekend? An HK P2000. She apologized for having such expensive taste!

-Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PJH

Her favorite last weekend? An HK P2000. She apologized for having such expensive taste!

-Paul
    Better a HK2000 than a BIG SHINY ROCK, huh?

PJH
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock
    Better a HK2000 than a BIG SHINY ROCK, huh?

Amen, Brother!!

My wonderful wife generally dislikes jewelry. Before we were married, she would drop hints like, " I really hate engagement rings that are big and gaudy", and, " I wouldn't want to wear a big diamond; it would always get in the way."

Have I mentioned that I love my wonderful wife?

-Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PJH
    Amen, Brother!!

My wonderful wife generally dislikes jewelry. Before we were married, she would drop hints like, " I really hate engagement rings that are big and gaudy", and, " I wouldn't want to wear a big diamond; it would always get in the way."

Have I mentioned that I love my wonderful wife?

-Paul
    Must be nice. Just finished shopping for an engagement ring myself and of course she likes emerald cut diamonds the most. When I took her into the gun store to pick out a handgun she walks right over to a big .44 magnum and wants me to get that. She's like a 120lbs. So yeah, we settled with a .38 spl. Ah well, wouldn't trade her for anything.

On that note, she just took her CCW course Sunday and shot the best in the class. Poor other 10 men having to feel like me everytime I hit the range.

She likes gem stones, I like guns....
    I had to wait 18 months to get into a class (calling every other week to bug the guy) when I finally got in I got two seats thinking my wife would go with me. She thought that her mother could use the CCW more than her because her mother works at a psychiatric hospital - so she had her mother go - It was interesting taking a gun class with my Mother in Law!

My wife will take it next chance to get into a class (she has a girlfriend who wants to take it with her)
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi
    She likes gem stones, I like guns....
    - It was interesting taking a gun class with my Mother in Law!

Ok. now be honest. Who shot the better target. You, or your wife's mum.
    john

I wish my Wife would take an interest in firearms.

Brian

She is in process of making a wardrobe transition so that she can carry all the time. She does not want to use a purse or other off body carry method.
    My wife did the same thing. I just put on a OWB and a vest and started carrying the first day I had my permit (a couple months ago). I'm waiting for a holster to come in from K&D for my 1911, but my little S&W 36 will do for now.

Not Sandy though, she finally found the right combination of gun, holster, pants, belt and vest to start carrying LAST WEEK. No purse carry "I want it under my control". Won't carry my P3AT "I don't have enough control over it".

Women make such a big deal out of everything.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Ashcraft
    My wife did the same thing. I just put on a OWB and a vest and started carrying the first day I had my permit (a couple months ago). I'm waiting for a holster to come in from K&D for my 1911, but my little S&W 36 will do for now.

Not Sandy though, she finally found the right combination of gun, holster, pants, belt and vest to start carrying LAST WEEK. No purse carry "I want it under my control". Won't carry my P3AT "I don't have enough control over it".

Women make such a big deal out of everything.
    Larry, in my wife's case the change over is real. She is the office manager in the college admissions office. So she is really having to make major wardrobe decisions. She cannot wear jeans of course. She has usually worn dresses. Where do you conceal with a one piece dress that goes from shoulder to knee? She is moving toward pant suits and skirt and blouse combinations. She does like vests and is planning to wear them more. There are times however that dress is prescribed and she really won't have a choice. If you must wear a floor length dress with no pockets where do you carry? Women really do have it harder than we do trying to conceal. I just had to quit buying pants without belt loops and that solved most of my problems. As men 99.99% of what we wear is two items pants/shorts and shirt and the pants use a belt. Women even when they wear pants usually the pants don't have belt loops. We have looked at various options and most are not good. For men we can usually settle on one style of carry and that works for us most of the time. Looking at my wife's options it is difficult to determine what style of carry she is going to do 50% of the time. For women who have jobs in other type environments it may be easier, but it is not as easy as it is for us.

I'm just glad that she wants to carry and is willing to do what is necessary to make it happen. I would like for it to happen faster, but in reality I know it can't. She takes the gun with her in the car everytime she gets in, but so far has not carried into the office. Even after the wardrobe change I will still end up buying her 2 or 3 types of holsters for the 2 or 3 types of carry she will be doing. Maybe when we retire and she goes to wearing jeans 90% of the time things will be easier.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links