How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry?

This is a discussion on How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Where my wife goes her purse goes, where here purse goes here walther .380 goes............

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry?

Where my wife goes her purse goes, where here purse goes here walther .380 goes.........

2. Remove Ads

My wife carries a Taurus PT-111 mil. pro in a VMII strongside - She's been shooting my Sig p220 lately and hinting that the p220 carry would be a nice upgrade for her - in .45 cal. of course.
    Last edited by bigmac357; June 15th, 2006 at 06:07 PM. Reason: incomplete info

My fiance doesn't carry, but when I met her she was extremely anti-gun. (wouldn't speak to me because I carried ). Over the past years I've got her showing intrest in shooting and over the past month or so she's begun showing intrest in carrying. Now I just have to get her enrolled in the course and get her a weapon.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Thumbs down

My wife sees no reason or need to carry a gun. Sometimes she laughs at me for carrying, so I'm sure I'll never be able to convince her.

I only hope nothing ever happens to her to make her see her mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Garg
    My wife sees no reason or need to carry a gun. Sometimes she laughs at me for carrying, so I'm sure I'll never be able to convince her.

I only hope nothing ever happens to her to make her see her mistake.
    How ironic that your wife sees no need to carry, while at the same time, your posts have the link to a missing persons website.

I'll bet Jennifer Keese's family wished she had carried . . .

LibertyGal
    Requiring a license makes it illegal to do something that was lawful before the license was required.

My fiancee won't be 21 until September, but she's taking her CHL Class in August so that she can carry from the day she turn 21. She has a lot of concerns about how she will carry. We'll see how it works out.

I think that every femail should carry. They will probably need a gun more than I . I would like to get my girl friend to carry bus she wont. I gave her my 340pd and put laser grips on it but she still won't take the class to get here LTC in MA. Best I can get is mace with her all the time and the gun out at home.

My wife was apathetic about my weapon collection, but then we had kids and she got interested. She keeps a .38 handy in the house and is planning on getting her CCW.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

My Wife? Never. I can't even get her to talk about shooting let alone learning to shoot and carry. That's why I'm known in my house as the CreepyGunGuy. Oh, by the way, she IS happy when I am carrying when we are in the city of "Brotherly Love".

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I'm workin' on the wife. She is pretty cool the way she is, though. She started out afraid of guns and thinking that my guns were a menacing part of my personality. Then she started to accompany me on hunting trips. Now she hunts with me (and shoots game), doesn't really care how many guns I get.

Used to think me carrying a weapon was silly, although she was perfectly willing to tolerate it. Lately, she has been more than tolerant, even supportive. Appreciative (safety-wise) is probably next, then we're at her carrying.

My daughter, who is 15, has already decided to carry as soon as it is legal for her to do so. I'll pay for her CCW class for her 21st birthday.

All these posts make me realize how blessed I am to have the lady I have! She first fired my K-22 Master piece around the time we were married in '71. We didn't talk guns much after that...she out-shot me! Then she was supportive of my getting a CCW a few years later, and back in the '80s she obtained her own. But she does't carry too often. More recently she's been at the range with me and seems to like the .38 S&W Chief's Special now that it has been re-fitted with Secret Service style Eagle grips. My hope is that as she becomes more used to handling the weapon she will consider carrying on her person rather than just having it stashed among the bling! ---Jeff

I knew my young bride was the right one for me when I learned she had a Smith & Wesson .38, a Mossberg w/ pistol grip, and a pickup truck! She now also has an FN-P9 (my Xmas present to her a couple of years ago) and a Kel-Tec P3AT.

She's had her concealed license for a couple of years now, and she carries all the time. I feel much better knowing she's there to defend me. Beauty, brains and wisdom, all in one package! What a gal!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

How many of your wives and girlfriend's carry?

Fiance' carries the H&K USP compact in 9mm. Uses it the local USPSA matches we shoot. And she ain't too shabby with it either.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

VIP Member
    wife, mom, sis-inlaw and her sis all took the CHL class 2 weeks ago
    then we all took unarmed self-defense class

wife carries a knife and 2 cans of OC with her now, we're gonna start working on concealment options to be ready when the license gets here
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links