Utah CCW Application Question

This is a discussion on Utah CCW Application Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What about paying a fine for consumption of alcohol by a minor? Does something like that prevent you from getting a Utah CCW license? Seems ...

What about paying a fine for consumption of alcohol by a minor? Does something like that prevent you from getting a Utah CCW license? Seems stupid if it does, but I can't find an answer for it. Anyone know?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    1. Was it misdemeanor charge or a felony charge? I suspect it was a misdemeanor.
    2. What does the Utah application ask for? Most only inquire about "felony" convictions or possibly domestic violence charges.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Meh, looks like Florida limits alcohol related incidents to the last few years. I'll just go that route. If a state wants to keep you from CCW because you got caught drinking beer in high school, screw em. :)

The application seems very clear on the matter (see the middle section on page 2 on the link below). It does give you an opportunity to explain what happened. I remember reading somewhere that Utah considers deliberately falsified forms an act of "moral turpitude," which is grounds for rejection.

So, it would be a bit of a gamble whether or not they would find this, but if it were me personally I would note it and provide a good explanation which shows this was a one-time error of judgment as a youth (FWIW).

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...CFPapp0312.pdf
    UT Admin Code R708-2. Commercial Driver Training Schools. February 1, 2014

Links