Arenas and events

Arenas and events

This is a discussion on Arenas and events within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at Rupp Arena today. I'm still waiting on my paperwork to apply so I don't carry yet. The security is pretty lax. They ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Arenas and events

Arenas and events

I was at Rupp Arena today. I'm still waiting on my paperwork to apply so I don't carry yet. The security is pretty lax. They probed my wife's purse and had both of us open our jackets, but I wasn't asked to do a turn or anything.

So as I'm thinking about it all it suddenly dawned on me--"I wouldn't carry in here anyway".

If a person had to fire in a packed arena, it's a virtual guarantee someone else will get hit. Aim high, aim low, aim anywhere..it's a bowl full of people. There's really no workable scenario. What do you do? Seems like a knife is your only play unless you're just absolutely cornered by another gun.

Looking at other pro ball stuff the real worry to me is outside in the parking lot .. At least two times in the parking lot in CA I think Giants game someone was either beaten to death or into a coma by idots who supported the other team ... That to me is the real worry after the game a lot of drunk angry fans looking to take there angre out on someone ...

Safety in number in stadium +security .. So less chance of SHTF but outside .... Plus why do you think they call them belly guns press into target and fire if you have too and load with glaser imop this may be the one time these are a good idea ....
    Eagleks likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I don't know for sure but I would think a knife was illegal in there too. I would say your life was in security's hands in there and hopefully they are a good shooter.

VIP Member
    I worry about my walk from the gate to my vehicle much more than anything that might go down in the actual venue.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by PJR202 View Post
    I was at Rupp Arena today. I'm still waiting on my paperwork to apply so I don't carry yet. The security is pretty lax. They probed my wife's purse and had both of us open our jackets, but I wasn't asked to do a turn or anything.

So as I'm thinking about it all it suddenly dawned on me--"I wouldn't carry in here anyway".

If a person had to fire in a packed arena, it's a virtual guarantee someone else will get hit. Aim high, aim low, aim anywhere..it's a bowl full of people. There's really no workable scenario. What do you do? Seems like a knife is your only play unless you're just absolutely cornered by another gun.
    do you walk to and from your car to the venue? if yes don't you want to be armed while doing so?

I do not attend sporting events so it's not something I concern myself with.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Depends on your state law for CC... Athletic events are prohibited places in Arkansas, for example, so it's not legal to carry there.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    MI too. Here, you wouldn't (legally) carry, or wouldn't go.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I do not attend sporting events so it's not something I concern myself with.
    Same here besides if you cram several thousand worshipers in a “sports” cathedral and add a few shooters or an IED you have a possibility for many victims with little resistance.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Outside the Arena before and after games..... people are robbed , etc. all of the time. In some, woman have disappeared to never be found again .... snatched in the parking lot. Those that were eventually found, were murdered.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    If I attended sporting events, and it was legal to carry, I would. Not so much for inside, but for the trip to and from my truck.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

So are we saying that the idea may be to carry inside (when not under force of law) mostly for the trip to and from the venue but plan on not drawing inside the venue unless directly confronted with a clear path to the rear of the assailant?

As I said, the security at Rupp is pretty lax (no metal detector wands) and I swear the average age of the staff and security looks to be around 70 years old. Plus, let's be realistic..I would never expect an unarmed security guard to risk their life for me against an armed assailant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR202 View Post
    So are we saying that the idea may be to carry inside (when not under force of law) mostly for the trip to and from the venue but plan on not drawing inside the venue unless directly confronted with a clear path to the rear of the assailant?

As I said, the security at Rupp is pretty lax (no metal detector wands) and I swear the average age of the staff and security looks to be around 70 years old. Plus, let's be realistic..I would never expect an unarmed security guard to risk their life for me against an armed assailant.

No, that isn't what I said.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Safety at sporting events has become a bigger concern because of several recent attacks on individuals in the area outside the stadiums. Carry at arenas and events is confusing under FL law which states (under prohibited areas): "Any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms."

The confusing issue comes when "non-sporting" events (Cirque du Soleil, singers, etc.) are held at a sports arena. Prohibited? Not in my opinion as the event is not in any way a professional "sporting" event. The one area I attend for non-sporting events does have a "NO-Weapons" sign, again in my opinion meaningless. The pass-through metals detectors of hired off-duty LEOs would make it difficult to carry anyhow.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    No, that isn't what I said.
    I was speaking to the general consensus, which seems to be up in the air.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links