Indiana to Fla

Indiana to Fla

This is a discussion on Indiana to Fla within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just want to be sure I am not missing anything after scouring the latest laws and regs. Other than what I found listed below; anything ...

Thread: Indiana to Fla

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Indiana to Fla

Just want to be sure I am not missing anything after scouring the latest laws and regs.
    Other than what I found listed below; anything I missed?

any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
    any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
    any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
    any courtroom*
    any polling place
    any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
    any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
    any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
    any school administration building
    any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
    any elementary or secondary school facility
    any area technical center
    any college or university facility*
    inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*
    any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Traveling from Indiana to Florida is a very easy trip for the 2A carrier. You'd have to work at screwing it up. Have fun.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Have a nice trip!
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I do believe Tennessee no gun signs carry weight of law. Look into it. Like others have said easy carry.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Addictedhealer View Post
    I do believe Tennessee no gun signs carry weight of law. Look into it. Like others have said easy carry.
    Ya..Looks pretty easy. I did notice (State Forests) are prohibited carry areas.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*

Defines as any bar/tavern or the bar "area" of any restaurant serving alcohol. Legally you cannot walk through the bar area of an Applebees to get to the restroom, so beware of that. You can consume alcohol while carrying (not illegal but a good idea) but cannot "use" the firearm except in SD. See reg below.

790.151 Using firearm while under the influence of alcoholic beverages, chemical substances, or controlled substances; penalties.—
    (1) As used in ss. 790.151-790.157, to “use a firearm” means to discharge a firearm or to have a firearm readily accessible for immediate discharge.

(2) For the purposes of this section, “readily accessible for immediate discharge” means loaded and in a person’s hand.

(3) It is unlawful and punishable as provided in subsection (4) for any person who is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired, to use a firearm in this state.

(4) Any person who violates subsection (3) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(5) This section does not apply to persons exercising lawful self-defense or defense of one’s property.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Ex Member
    Just don't get stopped by a Perdue grad and you are cool.:):):)

Sponsored Links