CCW BOOMING..and women a big part of the picture

This is a discussion on CCW BOOMING..and women a big part of the picture within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concealed carry boom continues; women are big segment of buyers Sunday’s report by KWES News that New Mexico saw “more than twice as many concealed ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: CCW BOOMING..and women a big part of the picture

Concealed carry boom continues; women are big segment of buyers

Sunday’s report by KWES News that New Mexico saw “more than twice as many concealed carry permits…issued” last year puts that state in line with just about every other state in the nation, and women comprise a large segment of new gun buyers.

Concealed carry boom continues; women are big segment of buyers - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    Aceoky, ccw9mm, DJC7 and 8 others like this.

I knew the # of licenses issued was an important measurement. That was the initial reason I even got one, to support the right to carry. And hey, since I went through the effort, I figured I might as well carry. :-)

Edit: Not a woman, but go women, go! :-)
    gatorbait51 and SteelerFan like this.

Distinguished Member
    My wife is about to join the ranks. Pick up her new Bersa tomorrow and once she gets some range time to get acclimated she will schedule her class.

My wife is a redhead and has carried an S&W .357 magnum since 1992 when she qualified for her first permit. The more women, the better for all of us.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

When you allow folks to be MORE responsible for their OWN safety & well-being, they invariably...will. Maybe that's a lesson best-learned in the halls of government about, ohhh, maybe...Health Insurance, retirement, charitable contribution, etc., etc.?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

How about the cops have no responsibility to protect us? Individually the LEO's I've known were good folks. This being said if they don't look out for me who does? That would be me. In my eyes male or female the decision process would be the same.
    gatorbait51 and SilvaMan61 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    What I'd like to know is how many people with licenses are actually packing and how often. I carry every day every place it's legal. Of the 19 people I know with licenses, myself and one other are the only ones that do. The number that matters in terms of long term effectiveness is how many really carry. If the guns are at home. what good are the licenses? How do they reduce crime other than home invasions, assuming the licensee can find the gun in time?

I have the gun on me all the time. If I was only going to carry in one location, it would be at home.

I had a friend tell me, I don't go anyplace I'd need a gun.

My reply? "I don't either. If I thought I'd need a gun at some location, I wouldn't go there. Period. Therefore, if I ever do need one it will be in a place I didn't think I'd need it. So I always take it."

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Absolutely! A couple of weeks ago, I assisted two female friends at the range (point shooting). This week, four of thier friends received thier perrmits and I will be getting with all of them on the weekend. Only one of them has minimal experience.

Go ladies, go!
    gatorbait51 and deaconswife like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Good for all women to chose this way of life!��
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    My boss (wife) is getting hers now. It took her awhile to come around to the idea but she has. She's even been looking for ways to carry. Got to love it, costing me more but what the heck she's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I had a friend tell me, I don't go anyplace I'd need a gun.

My reply? "I don't either. If I thought I'd need a gun at some location, I wouldn't go there. Period. Therefore, if I ever do need one it will be in a place I didn't think I'd need it. So I always take it."

Fitch
    Fitch:
    The FIRST RULE of a gun fight: Don't be there!

And now a follow-up:

Gottlieb: Concealed carry should not be subject to bureaucratic whim

A 28-minute video posted today on The Gun Wire features Bellevue gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb telling Hawaii Reporter editor Malia Zimmerman that this year’s mid-term elections “are going to be very important for gun rights and gun owners in this country.”

Gottlieb: Concealed carry should not be subject to bureaucratic whim - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    gatorbait51 and Fitch like this.

As a woman...I could hardly wait for IL to come around....I took the first class available and even did the digital fingerprinting so I wouldn't have to wait the extra month for my license. Now I am organizing a UT class for around the first weekend of April!
    Hubby still needs to take the IL ccw class. With the class, fingerprinting and the applications.....$450.00! So, we had to stagger ours a bit.

I plan to carry always, whenever legal to do so!

As far as a pink gun...no way! But lime green???? HUH? Just kidding....lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post

Concealed carry boom continues; women are big segment of buyers

Sunday’s report by KWES News that New Mexico saw “more than twice as many concealed carry permits…issued” last year puts that state in line with just about every other state in the nation, and women comprise a large segment of new gun buyers.

Concealed carry boom continues; women are big segment of buyers - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    In the class I took for concealed carry in Michigan, 40% were women, and over 95% of those, admitted to being first time gun owners. Many were shooting for the first time that day in the class. Some were naturals when it can to shooting, and surprised me with their poise and accuracy.

I truly hope that some of them have practiced more as time passed (and some of the men too).

VIP Member
    I have seen more and more women buying at the gun shows I have been to also.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links